Chapter 7 - Welcome Back Party (Part 1)

- Evanora's POV -

When I entered the common room, everyone started cheering and congratulating me on having the nerve to prank the pranksters. Hermione, Harry and Ron were sat by the sofa, looking at me and laughing their heads off. I thanked my housemates with a proud smile on my face, and made my way to them.

"Evanora", Ron let out another laugh, "You're fucked, I hope you know that. I already feel sorry for you, but I have to admit that it was bloody brilliant."

"Thank you, Ron, I have my ways" I winked at him, "It's not me you should feel sorry for, I have a lot more where that came from", a devious smirk formed on my lips.

Hermione shook her head smiling, "You're actually insane, Nora."

"I know I am, and that's why you like me so much already." I side hugged her, and she hugged me back.

"No, but she's right, you know? In only two days, you have insulted Malfoy, confronted Snape and pranked the twins. Not to mention you can somehow always tell them apart. I haven't done that much, and I have been here for two years now." Harry stated.

"What can I say? I like to live life at its fullest", I shrugged my shoulders playfully.

"Is that so missy?" Before I noticed, the twins had already sat down, one by each side of me. "What else do you like?"

"Hm..." I tapped my chin as if I was thinking about it, "I absolutely love it when I am not bothered by two identical idiots, specially if I am tired of having to run away from them." I smiled as I laid back into the sofa dramatically. They looked at each other as if they were deeply hurt by my words, which made me laugh.

"Anyways" George cleared his throat as he got up, "What about we talk about the real stuff?" I looked at him quizzically, and then my gaze directed to Fred. He looked so relaxed and happy, so... cute? I wondered if he knew what his brother was going on about. Of course he did, because when his twin shut up, he was the one to get up and speak.

"On Friday night, right after dinner, we'll be hosting our annual WELCOME BACK PARTY!" The cheers and applause I received fifteen minutes prior came back, this time directed to them.

I took a minute to look around. Everyone looked jovial and cheerful. Everything looked so full of life. My eyes landed on my first set of friends, I was so happy to be there. Then, I looked at the twins and had the feeling that we would have so much fun together. Eventually, my eyes locked themselves on the sight of the taller one. There was something about him that called for me, but I couldn't figure out what it was. 'What is this feeling?' I thought to myself. Although I knew I didn't have the answer for that just yet, I also knew that I didn't need one. I enjoyed being around him, and that was all I needed to know.

"Amused by the view, aren't you?" Hermione's whisper got me out of my thoughts as she was now sitting next to me, taking George's spot.

"Oh shut up" I elbowed her as I felt blood rushing to my cheeks, "Just enjoying the moment." I turned to look at her, "I'm being serious. I'm really happy to be here with you guys."

My friend smiled at me, "Well, I'm happy you're here too." She pointed discretely to my left, "And I'm sure I'm not the only one." I looked the way she instructed me to and my eyes met Fred's. He winked at me, so I smiled and winked back.

After a while, Harry was the one to get up, followed by Ron.

"Guys, I'll be heading to bed now", he said, "Today's trials finished me."

"Oh, tell me about it!" I replied, "I think I'm going too. Are you coming, Mione?" I asked, and she nodded, getting up after me.

We all said our goodbyes, and went to our respective dormitories. Once me and Hermione got to our room, she couldn't stop teasing me about that little moment with Fred. I told her to piss off, but the truth was that it was stuck on my mind too. A good amount of time passed before she decided to drop it.