Chapter 5: Family Ghosts

After the volleyball tournament, Yukio ran off the beach, and towards the hotel.

Phew...at least those ghosts didn't appear while I was playing, I wouldn't be able to focus. Those ghosts...they are the last thing I want to encounter.

"I don't want to be reminded of my failures again." Yukio said to himself.

Yukio went back to his room, and laid on his bed.

I know I can't be in this room the whole festival, I've got to protect all the platforms. The problem with that is...I don't even know where they are.

"How am I supposed to protect 81 different platforms at once anyway?" Yukio was stumped on what to do next.

He suddenly heard knocking on his door, then a voice called out from the other side of the door.

"Yukio? Are you in there? It's Yumi." The Gessen leader called out to Yukio.

"Oh, yes? What is it?" Yukio got out of his bed, and opened the door.

Yumi's expression brightened when Yukio opened the door. "Yukio, I'd like you to meet someone."

"Huh? Who is it?" Yukio was confused, Yumi pointed towards a muscular old man with spiky white hair and grey eyes.

"You must be Yukio. Yumi has told me a lot about you." The old man said in a husky voice.

"I see...I'm sorry, who are you?" Yukio asked politely.

"My name is Kurokage, I'm Yumi's grandfather." He replied.

"Kurokage?! I-It's nice to meet you mister." Yukio responded.

That's Yumi's grandfather?! He's the one who took care of Yumi and the rest of the Gessen Shinobi.

Kurokage smiled, and looked towards Yumi. "Can you give us a minute, Yumi?"

Yumi nodded, and left Yukio and Kurokage in the hallway.

"Do you want to talk in my room?" Yukio offered, but Kurokage declined.

"You probably know how I got here, right?" Kurokage asked.

"This is the festival's doing, isn't it? It brought you back to life." Yukio reached his hand towards Kurokage, but it phased right through him.

"Correct, Yumi and the other girls were overjoyed to see me. They've told me all about their adventures ever since my passing. Yumi's mission to hunt you intrigued me the most." Kurokage stated.

"Yumi told you about me?" Yukio felt a little bashful.

I didn't think I left that much of an impression. I guess that makes me happy.

"Yumi told me everything about you, from back when you enrolled at Hanzo to her first encounter with you." Kurokage stated, then he suddenly bowed towards Yukio. "Thank you so much, for teaching Yumi about good and evil in a way that I couldn't."