Chapter 27

Finally with enough begging and tears, Ye agreed to come home. I had Nix and Sesshomaru watch him once I got home. I was at the hospital, saving the dying and helping the injured. There were eighty injured beasts in the hospital and two were in a critical state. I went to the two critically wounded first.

     One had his internal organs kicked in, and the other had his head smashed in. They were both unconscious; their breathing shallow. They were likely to die at any moment. I couldn't save them with just medicine alone, let alone my reiki couldn't fix this in one go. I immediately boiled some nourishing medicine, cut my finger and squeezed some blood into the medicine.

     My finger healed immediately and then I gently fed the two unconscious patients the medicine. Not long after they drank the medicine, they were awake. I did a check up on them and found that they healed to varying degrees. They were passed the critical period though. I sighed with relief and looked to Dong Ya.

     "You're in charge of taking care for these two injured people. Give then a bowl of medicine every morning and night and fees it to them. Remember to inform me if anything happens." I instructed.

     "All right, Teacher!" He blushed and quickly agreed.

      I could see the confusion in his eyes on why I easily let my medicine knowledge go. I wasn't like the other witch doctors. I would pass it on to whoever wanted to learn. I told him the prescription for treating the two seriously injured patients. I also told him some things to pay attention to when taking care of the patients. Since he took my classes for a while now, he knew what I was saying and I didn't have to repeat myself. He looked to me with admiration and gratitude.

      After making sure I told him what he needed to know, I then turned around and left. Dong Ya was now I'm charge of those two while I took care of the others. I used my reiki to heal the others. They were happy to have me heal them. I worked the entire day with my mates watching over me. I finished the last patient and I was exhausted.

     Sesshomaru had to carry me up from how exhausted I was. I was slowly slipping off to sleep. As soon as I entered the house, I saw Xue Ling come over and asked about the roasted pheasant.

      "There's no roasted pheasant today. I need to rest for a while. I'll make it for you tomorrow." I weakly said.

     Xue Ling sized me up. "Why do you look like you've overindulged? Don't tell me you've been squeezed dry by your seven male beasts?!"

      "Oh, shut up. Otherwise, you might be beaten to death." I said.

      Xue Ling chuckled. "The beast who can kill me hasn't been born yet."

      "Is that so?" Sesshomaru said, making Xue Ling flinch.

     I was sleeping in Sesshomaru's arms as Bai Di made dinner tonight. His culinary skills were better than mine. So the roasted pheasants, soup, rice and side dishes were ten times better than mine. As I ate, I watched Xue Ling eat everything bones included.

     "Glutton!" I mumbled.

     I sweat too much during the day so Takeru boiled me some water so I could wash up. I leaned against the tub and with my mate's extremely gentle movements, I fell asleep.

     I woke up with my mates wrapped around me. I was clinging onto Ye tightly. I heard Yun return with the wolves and it seemed like it wasn't good news. I slipped into my maroon outfit and walked out to the main room with my mates asleep. I walked over to the edge and listened to what was being said. Ma Qing and Yi Wu had escaped.

      Suddenly the notification from the system went off.

      Congratulations, host. The tribe you're in has more than 1,000 people. The construction rate has exceeded 40%. You're strength has reached Class C! You've finally taken the first step in the path of the great king! Mission points have been met. The Crystal Mall has been upgraded to level three! Host, please continue to work hard and raise the tribe to Class B!