Chapter 4: Asher Lisianthus

Asher was terrified. He'd been raised at camp and he was finally granted a protector's card. He was so nervous since he'd missed Elio the first time around and was saved by Cody. Asher loved Cody like a brother. But he recused Liam first, when he was first a protector, he had gone to Florida and brought Liam to camp when he was only ten.   Asher was now in the centre of attention because he said why they were taken off to camp.

"Typhon?! You waited until we had a week to tell us??" Liam was nervous, Asher could read his emotions

"I didn't want you to worry!"

"It's kind of hard not to! Typhon was the reason the gods almost fell TWICE!!" Cody yelled, his face in his arms in frustration

Asher didn't want his friends to fight, it tore him apart. He explained all he knew,

"Look guys, I know about as much as you do. I overheard a conversation with Chiron and Mr. D!"

"What did they say?"

"They basically were arguing on how many demigods to send."

"There's four of us. Are we sure we want to take this up? We would have to fight what the gods couldn't, and defeat him." Asher honestly didn't want to do this, but if his friends were going, he'd be there.

"How long do we have, again?"

"We have a week."

"Then let's do it. we can at least try." Cody said, a courageous smile on his face

"Cody's right. This is gonna be difficult, but it'll be worth it." Elio said, glancing at Cody briefly

"I'm in, I want to help you guys the best I can and it'll be wherever." Liam promised

"I guess it's settled, we should leave in the morning... I'll talk to Chiron."

The demigods ran to their cabins to get ready as Asher trotted to the big house. He walked up the creaky steps with his hooves making noise. He knocked on the door and Chiron answered.

"Ah. Asher, what brings you here?"

"Sir, I overheard you and Mr.D talking the other day... about Typhon rising. I have three demigods and myself who want to go on the quest to stop him. I was hoping you could grant us permission."

Chiron looked at his book and sighed, "I'm not assigning you a quest."

"Sir, why not?! Olympus will fall if we don't weaken him first, at the least!"

"Asher, I will not put my demigods on a suicide mission." Chiron ordered firmly

"It's not a suicide mission if we succeed!"

Chiron looked up, "Tell me, Asher. When you send a man to leap off a building, are you a good person?"

"No, sir."

"It's suicide. This quest is also suicide, I'm not assigning this quest."

"Chiron, sir. Every quest will have it's risks, and sure, there will be some that fail, but if we don't try, we're no better than the gods. They sit back as Typhon stirs and pretends like he doesn't exist. If we don't try, Olympus will fall, western civilisation will collapse, and Camp Half-Blood will cease to exist as well."

Asher was desperate. Of course he didn't want to go in the way of danger, but he wasn't gonna let his friends do it without him. Chiron closed his book and looked at Asher.

"I'll assign this quest on ONE condition."

"Anything, sir."

"If you need help, at any time, press this button and Camp Half-Blood will be right behind you in a siege on Typhon."

"I accept, sir."

"Good, you leave in the morning, young satyr. Go tell the demigods. May the gods watch over your quest."

Asher walked into the woods and saw his house by the river and saw his daughter and smiled.

"Lily! I missed you, sweetheart!" Asher hugged his daughter and saw his wife, a beautiful naiad.

"Brooke! I hope she wasn't too much trouble. Chiron approved the quest, I have to go on the quest."

Brooke's eyes fell and Lily looked up from the river innocently, "Where are you going, dad?"

Asher could barely meet his sweet girl's eyes, "I'm going to fight monsters, I'll be back, honey."

"I want to be like you, daddy! I want to fight big bad monsters just like you!" Lily made a fierce grin and punched the air.

Asher smiled and hugged his wife and kid, before going back to the hill, vowing to come back to Brooke and Lily.