Jia pov

Jia pov

I sat at my uncomfortable school desk playing with my pencil, bored. "Two minutes remaining!." My teacher yelled. I was doing the last exam before the winter break, I had finished a while ago and was just waiting for the exam to be over. I looked around the dull classroom. All of the posters and art work had been ripped off of the walls making the classroom look even uglier than it previously was. As my eyes were wandering the classroom, they landed on Mei, my best friend. She was furiously scribbling across her exam paper in a rush to complete the exam. Mei and I have been best friends ever since the fourth grade, We've never fought in the entire history of our friendship. she's always been there for me. 

The day we became best friends, I were at the park, a few days after my father left. some girls decided to mess with me, leaving me alone with cuts and bruises all over my hands and knees from getting pushed around. i tried to tough it out, 'i should be used to this'. Mei was the only one there to reach out her hand for me to hold onto. she gently placed band aids on each cut that covered my knees. she pecked my forehead and told me "be my best friend, ill protect you!" it sounds silly but at that moment when no one was on my side, she was brave enough to step up for me and help me stand up again. i promised to follow her wherever she went. "to the moon or till the edge of the world, ill be there standing next to you." i thought.

"Brring!" The timer went off interrupting my thoughts. Our teacher suddenly went into prison guard mode. "Okay, I want to see all pens on the tables and your hands in the air, and I want absolutely NO noise until all exam papers have been handed in." She yelled as she started collecting the papers. I slightly raise my hands as the teacher walked around the silent classroom, collecting all of the exam papers, sternly keeping an eye on all of the students including me. "Remember to pack for your graduation trip tomorrow, only those who paid and have parental permission will be attending" she informed all students before dismissing the class.

I made my way towards Mei. "Hey, I'm going to go to that new Boba place, wanna come with me? We can celebrate now that we have finally finished all of our exams for the semester." I said excitedly.

"I can't, sorry. My sister has her graduation tonight and it's going to be so boring." Mei complained like a child. "Oh, it's okay maybe next time." I said, kind of upset. She always complains about her sister. Four years older than us, majoring in fashion. Mei and her didn't get along too well. She always called me with a new story on how her sister ruined her day. "Well, ill go home first, see you tomorrow!"

Mei waved goodbye as I started walking out of the classroom, walking down the halls for the last time this semester. Some were stressing about their grades, others throwing their notes in the air. I felt like a butterfly breaking out of its shell. Finally reaching the large metal doors, I opened them. A cold breeze hitting my figure as I enjoyed the refreshing feeling. Winter is here and schooldays have ended for this year. This is the best time of the year in my opinion.