Running towards the Future

~Little information from the beginning~

I was born October 1, 1989 despite my mother not showing any signs of pregnancy and strangely enough her close friend had the same experience only she gave birth to a sweet little boy who she named Ethan. Even though the circumstance where extremely peculiar our mother saw us as a gift from God (I don't think she was very religious but I think after what she experienced she thought the only explanation was God? I don't know)So me and Ethan were raised together as siblings. Between our mothers going around claiming we was going to be the new "prophecies" we weren't very liked by other children. The other kids parents didn't want there "little sweethearts" playing around us knowing the story of how weird our births, claiming we were "sent by Satan" or some ridiculous idea they put in there head. We got isolated so bad even by our school teachers, our mothers thought it would be best to take us out of school. It was fortunate for Ethan and I, We loved our time with each other, we did everything together.

We was very childish, EVERTHING was a competition though, we was very competitive with each other over anything. Seeing who was growing the quickest [we measured our self's every day]. Who could read a book we was told to read that week the fastest and my mum would test us with question to insure we actually read it and didn't miss any detail. Who could fall asleep the fastest. We would wake up arguing who did. Pretty sure our mothers got tired of hearing us bicker every morning.

We used to hear about the Umbrella academy on The TV, every time we heard about an emergency on tv we immediately knew it was them, we both had our own favourites, I mean they all had there own powers it was soo cool to see them use them, we would imagine us with powers and what we would do, I mean they even had the same birthday as us. Mine was Number 2, precise aim, My brothers was Number 5. He would argue with me that teleportation was much cooler than throwing knifes and as always I would argue back explaining that if I had that power I could get out of any situation because I literally would never miss, I wouldn't even need to be in the room? I could scare so many people. But as always he would argue back my point.

Don't get me wrong me and my brother would have big arguments that would lead us to physical fighting but I guess that's what happened when you spend literally all day every day with each other and I guess its good to get everything of your chest at once but one certain argument lead to one final fight between us two.

I still remember it as if I just experienced it yesterday, And it lead to everyone's deaths. We were 13, Me and my brother were arguing about if I ripped one of his umbrella academy magazines [to which I denied obviously], we were stood in the back garden, yelling at each other, his face was starting to turn red and I could tell he was getting really annoyed, but me being me I was not backing down and I kept arguing with him wanting a fight. [a fight was long over due between the two of us anyways]. He went in for a punch first.

Until we heard a deathly shriek from the kitchen. Me and Ethan immediately stopped what we was doing and ran toward the back door as if our life's depended on it. There was my mother being held at gun point at what seems like a robber, he was wearing all black with a full faced mask only being able to see his brown eyes. Tears where non stop streaming down her face until she saw us. It was a sight I wont be able to forget.

"Y/N, ETHAN GET BACK OUT. RUN" She yelled at us.

I was in freeze mode. I was shook however my brother wasn't in flight mode. He was in fight.

"MUM! YOU GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER" he said screaming, running towards the masked intruder,managing to jump and grasp hold of his mask.

I didn't even get the chance to do anything before the intruder shot his gun. Then my brother fell limp still holding on to his mask.