Chapter 1070: Heavenly Demon Great Sorrow Palm

"Accept Ancient Sage Qiu Wu as your disciple?"

The lips of Wu shi and the others twitched for a moment first before they quickly shook their heads.

They didn't think that Zhang Xuan was being serious. They felt that it was inconceivable that anyone would dare speak words like that.

After all, Ancient Sage Qiu Wu was an expert that stood beside Kong shi in that chaotic era. Even the current head of the Master Teacher Pavilion, a true 9-star master teacher, would have to respectfully address him as 'elder', not daring to show the slightest discourtesy towards him.

Yet, Zhang Xuan actually said that he attempted to accept the other party as his student?

If he were to really dare to utter such words, Ancient Sage Qiu Wu would probably have him killed in a single slap.

Through everyone's expression, Zhang Xuan could tell that they didn't believe him. He knew that this would happen.

Nevertheless, he couldn't be bothered to explain either. It was his intention to keep a low profile anyway, so this was for the best.

"Let's continue examining the stone tablets. Since this is part of a trial, there's bound to be a solution to it." Not wanting to dwell on that topic, Zhang Xuan waved his hand as he turned his attention back to the stone tablets before him.

Through his Eye of Insight, he could tell that there was nothing special about the material of the stone tablets before him. They were just ordinary boulders, and the only exceptional quality about them was just their durability.

In other words, the crux to the stone tablet had to be the inscriptions on it.

Just that... there were simply too many languages on the stone tablets! Furthermore, even if they managed to translate it, they didn't form proper sentences, making it impossible to figure what they meant.

Perplexed, Zhang Xuan stepped forward and placed his hand on the stone tablet.

Hu!

A book materialized in the Library of Heaven's Path.

Zhang Xuan swiftly flipped it open.

"Ashened Stone Tablet, inscribed by Ancient Sage Qiu Wu. It contains the complete formula to cultivating the [Heavenly Demon Great Sorrow Palm]. There are 27 flaws regarding the inscribed battle technique: No.1, the effectiveness of the battle technique is highly dependent on the state of mind the cultivator is in. As such, the cultivator will have to ready his emotional state before the battle, or else he will be unable to display the full prowess of the technique. This makes it highly ineffective in abrupt situations. No.2, it has a high requirement of one's zhenqi..."

Detailed on the book were the many flaws of the battle technique.

"As expected, it is a battle technique!" Zhang Xuan's eyes lit up in excitement.

It seemed like Ancient Sage Qiu Wu wasn't lying to them. The stone tablets were indeed a kind of trial.

Soon, after he was done reading the book, Zhang Xuan scratched his head.

He did get the name of the battle technique, and he had a thorough understanding of its flaws as well, but... he still couldn't understand the battle technique manual!

Knowing the flaws but not the technique itself was like having a remedy in hand but not knowing what illness it applied to... It did nothing to help the situation that they were in!

He had to think of a way to understand the words on the stone tablet so that he could obtain the battle technique.

Thus, retracting his consciousness from the Library of Heaven's Path, he continued examining the stone tablets before him intently.