Chapter 3

I haven't seen or talked to Shane since the movie premiere. God I'm so stupid, I waited three years and three months to tell Shane I loved him. Justin came over tonight to hangout.
"Justin calm down. I was drunk. I don't love Shane, I probably just said that because I thought he was you." I lied.
"Hadley, I love you with all my heart. I just wish you could love me back." Justin argued.
"I do love you Justin. That's why I can't wait to marry you and wake up to you everyday." I said, lying once again.
Justin stormed out of my room and I ran after him outside. Of course he chooses to pick a fight when it's raining.
"Justin come back." I yelled.
"Why should I? You don't love me." Justin said.
"Yea your right. I don't love you. That's why I ran out here in the rain to stop you from leaving. Would I do that? Especially since I dislike the rain." I said.
Justin came around from his car and kissed me.
"I have to confess Hadley. I cheated on you." Justin said.
"Wow. So you sit in my house yelling at me because you think I'm in love with my best friend. But you can turn around and tell me you cheated. With who?" I yelled as the rain came down hitting my face.
"Marcie Darwin. We've been seeing each other for a year and when she got engaged, I found you." Justin said grabbing my elbow and getting closer.
"Oh my god. You and Marcie Darwin have been cheating on Shane and I? Don't touch me. We're threw." I said taking my engagement ring off and throwing it at him and running into the house with Justin on my heels. I ran into my room and sat in my chair.
"I'm so mad, I just want to punch something." I screamed with anger.
"Just don't punch me." Justin said.
"Get out. Don't call me, don't text me, don't touch me." I said.
Justin did as I said and left.
Next day
I went to Shane's and thank god I had recorded Justin and I's conversation. I knocked on the door and waited. Soon Shane opened the door.
"Is Marcie here?" I asked.
"No she left late last night to got to work." Shane said.
"Yep, she went to work alright." I murmured.
"What?"
"Nothing." I said. "Can I come in." I asked.
"Sure. As long as you don't say I really love you." Shane said.
I walked in and got out my phone and played the recording. After it was finished, I hugged Shane as he had a tear rolling down his cheek. To my surprise he actually hugged me back.
"I'm so sorry." I said.
We stopped hugging and I went to the bathroom and got a tissue. I gave it to him and he grabbed my left hand.
"Your not wearing your engage get ring. Why?" Shane asked.
"Because of what was said on the recording." I said with a sincere smile.
"I love you." Shane said.