chapter nine

Justin walked back to the hotel room and slammed the door shut. He was furious. Tears filled his eyes. He grabbed the vase and threw it to the floor, watching the vase shattered into a million pieces. He didn't know Hailey was there.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Hailey asked as she rushed into the living room.

"Oh, hey! I didn't know you were here. How did the salon go?"

"It went well. I feel relaxed. What's wrong?" She glanced at the broken vase and back at him. "Are you okay?"

He was speechless. What was he supposed to tell her? He thought. "I-"

She raised an eyebrow.

"I had this dinner planned. I was getting ready to text you and surprise you, but the waves crashed in and ruined  everything." He lied. He was upset about the fact that Selena broke his heart.. then it dawned on him. This is how she felt when he broke her heart, left her shattered and alone. Tears filled his eyes. He had to go back to her. Even though she told him she didn't want to see him again. He didn't care.

Hailey hugged him tightly and said, "Baby, you're so sweet. It'll be okay. How about we order food and just stay here tonight."

He nodded. "Alright. That sounds good."

5am

Selena left the hotel and walked to the beach. She stood there, watching the waves crash in. She closed her eyes as she felt the cool air hit her skin.

She couldn't sleep worth a crap. She hoped she made the right decision..
Of course she did, she thought.  She loved Ryan! Ryan was good to her. She was finally happy with her life and moved on from Justin.

Tears filled her eyes. Was she really moved on? She asked herself.

Selena turned around and found Justin standing there in front of her. Her heart beat quickly.  Was she dreaming? She asked herself. No.

Why was she glad to see him?

"What are you doing out here?" She asked him.

He took a deep breath and nervously said, "I couldn't sleep. What are you doing out here?" He asked her.

"I couldn't sleep either."

Justin walked to her. She didn't make a move. To be honest, she missed him.  She wanted to be close to him and wanted to remember what it felt like to be in his arms.

"Justin -"

Justin wasn't about to walk away from her. He rushed to her and cupped her face, and kissed her.

She stiffed up but then loosened up. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he picked her up. Justin kissed her roughly.

"I've missed you so much," he said under the kiss.

"And I've missed you! I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I want to keep seeing you."

He locked eyes with her and smiled. "I'm happy that you feel that way, Selena. I want to make it up to you. Please! "

As much as she hated to say this."What do we do now? Are we going to sneak around behind Ryan and Hailey?" Selena asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and nervously said, "it's the only way."

She nodded.  "Alright."