Part III: The Advent of Robotechnology

1172 A.D. (1262 A.L.):

A comprehensive trade pact between the Tirolian Interstellar Republic and the Karbarran Hegemony is signed, with Tirol providing fold technology, monopolar mining rights, and foodstuffs in exchange for Karbarran industrial expertise, biotechnology, and innumerable products, such as Sekiton ore. Relations between Karbarra and Tirol were generally favorable for the next two centuries.

1208 A.D.:

The colony world of Ci'Va and several of the neighboring colonies (twelve at this time) declares their independence, and the Autonomous Republic of Ci'Vonia is founded with Ci'va as its capital world. It technically remains a part of the Tirolian Interstellar Republic and pays tribute to maintain its autonomy.

1235 A.D.:

The planet of Windermere located in the Brisingr Globular Cluster, an extragalactic cluster between the spaces of the Milky Way Galaxy and the Large Magellanic Cloud, is colonized by members of House Derelda, one of the most influential families in the Tirolian Interstellar Republic.

1273 A.D.:

Cabell Turbin is born.

1274-1306 A.D. (1280-1285 A.L.):

The V'loxian War; A major war is fought by the allied forces of Tirol and Karbarra against the V'loxians, who are reviled as aggressive expansionists who have conquered over a hundred inhabited worlds. The conflict was costly and terrible, and eventually ended with the genocide of the entire V'loxian race at the hands of the Tirolians. Karbarra is appalled by this act of brutality by Tirol, and this rift begins a downward spiral in these two worlds' relations.

1278 A.D.:

Nimuul, Hepsis, and Fallagar Dulia, the future Robotech Elders Triumvirate, are born.

1324 A.D.:

Zor Derelda, son of the renowned Senator Zol Derelda, is born in the capital city of Tiresia.

1336 A.D.:

Zor grows to show great aptitude in biological and technological science. He spends his time at his family's estate creating fantastical inventions encouraged by his father, his mentor Cabell, his best friend Vard, and his lover Arla.

The first of Zor's inventions is a highly-skilled artificial intelligence that he would name Ih'va (better known as the E.V.E. (Enhanced Video Emulation) by the Terran race of Earth). Shortly after her creation, E.V.E. becomes Zor's A.I. assistant in his studies and the Tirolian Senate's planetary supercomputer responsible for the maintenance of Tirol's computer network.

1339 A.D.:

Karbarra severs ties with Tirol and gives preferred trading status to Ci'Vonia.

1343 A.D. (1293 A.L.):

Tirol begins to suffer from an energy crisis as Karbarran Sekiton, a deuterium-rich ore widely used for fueling most fusion reactors of the time, became generally unavailable shortly after Karbarra ended their trade agreement. This embargo forces Tirol to return to older and more inefficient methods of acquiring the choice of nuclear fuels.

To solve this energy crisis, the Tirolian Interstellar Republic launches a space exploration program, with hundreds of exploration vessels sent out across the Large Magellanic Cloud to search for suitable alternate energy resources. The culmination of these missions occurred when Zor Derelda, who's a young Tiresian project scientist assigned to a deep space survey team aboard the exploration vessel Aztraph, discovered the planet Optera and its unique lifeforms, the Invid. Believing that the Tirolians will help their species rebuild their fallen civilization and uplift them into the larger galactic community, the current Invid Regent and Regess teach Zor the secrets of Protoculture and the Flower of Life through their advanced physic abilities in exchange for advanced technology and knowledge of other cultures.