Chapter 12

~------------------------~

This morning you were up early, getting dressed and made a hot beverage for yourself.

John walked thought the front door as you walked throught to the front. "Morning." He said, locking the door behind him. "Cece will be starting at lunch. So it's just me and you for now." He said walking in and setting the keys down.

"Ah alright." You picked up a cloth and started wipe down all the sides and tables. Also cleaning the rest of the place for the day to begin.

~

John was out back making pastrys this morning while you manned the front. Serving customers, giving them drinks and what pastries you had out front, always give them a smile. It being pretty busy this morning.

One person tried to get to you, tired to hit you even. You just stood with a smile the whole time, taunting them almost. Even flipped them off. You had decided to put up the protection spell you learnt yesterday, just to test it.

Then there was also the people who tried to flirt with you. Not seeming to not care what gender you are. Men and women hitting on you. It kinda of felt nice to be wanted that way, but also felt disgusting.

You were making a new cup of coffee for a patron sat at the window seat when the front door bell ranged. Indicating someone had come in.

"Welcome to Sally and John's cafe!" You shouted back to the person "I'll be with you in a second!" You finished up the coffee not realising that the cafe was now silent. Just the radio playing in the background.

That was untill you turned around. He stood there. As always, clad in Red. You stared at him for a second before snapping out of it. "I'll be with you in a second, just need to go give this gentleman his refill." You said to him, holding the other patrions coffee.

"Alright dear, I shall just look at the delectable pastries!" He said pointing at the display cabinet, sort of leaning on his microphone stand as he bent a little to look. People began talking quietly.

You walked over to the window seat setting down the gentlemans coffee. "Would you like anything else sir?" You asked him. "No you got to server The Radio Demon" he said pointing to the counter. You sighed a little "Just give me a wave if you need anything else Sir." You smiled to him and walked away.

The cafe seemed to get back to it's normal volume when you got back behind the counter. You decided to pick up a dirty cup and clean it Infront of him, doing deliberate motions around the handle if the cup. "Sorry about that, what can I get you sir?" You asked looking up at him, making eye contact.

His smile never waivered while looking at you, his eyes flicked between your face and your hands. He cleared his throat "Is John in Dear?" He asked, the radio effect heavy on his voice, sending goosebumps going down your neck and arms.

You set the cup down under the counter with the rest of the clean ones. "Yes, he's out back right now. Did you want to speak with him?" You asked setting down the cloth. "Yes, go get him please." You then looked up at him, he wants to speak to John? Weird.

"And who am I asking for?" You said before heading out back. "Alastor, Dear." He said letting go if his microphone, it disappearing with a puff of smoke, then adjusted his bowtie. "I'll be right back then sir." You nodded to him, he hummed in return.

You opened the door to the back walking throught calling for John. "John?" You spoke. "Yes (y/n)?" He called from the kitchen area. You walked over to him, the other side of the metal kitchen island. "Theres The uhh, Alastor wants to speak with you." You pointed towards the front with a weary smile. "I didn't think he's be here so soon." John stated. He sighed and put away the dough he was in the middle of making.