Chapter 5: Accept

Jake had decided to accept the offer. He still didn't really like Sunghoon for his immature behavior the other day, but decided that he should probably forget about it. They were both working together in the same office now.. so it about time to forgive and forget.

"Sunghoon. Wait up." Jake said as he saw the older male walking towards his office. Jake ran towards the black haired male and gave him a small smile.

"I'll accept your offer.. but.. under a few conditions."

"Okay.. let's discuss this in my office." Sunghoon said.

"So what are these conditions?" Sunghoon asked.

"So..I get to leave early at least once a week and while being your assistant, I can still be allowed to do my work whenever I want."

"That seems okay. Now sign this, you can't change your mind." Sunghoon said.

"Okay...sure I guess?" Jake said, grabbing the pen and signing it, he felt really doubtful of this decision. Guess he would not be able to leave like Heeseung said. He was probably stuck with Sunghoon for a long time.

"Nothing else right?"

"Nope."

"You sure?"

"Yes...? But why am I not allowed to leave if I want to?. And how long should I be doing this."Jake asked hesitantly. His guts told him that Sunghoon was planning something terrible.

"Well... If you agreed to this, you shouldn't have to leave. I gave you the whole day of yesterday to think about it. And don't you owe me for that stained shirt?" Sunghoon said.

"And for how long you stay, that'll depend on when I want to. Don't worry it won't be forever. Just until I manage to get rid-" Sunghoon stopped talking mid sentence, leaving Jake slightly confused.

"Get rid of-" Jake asked, only to be cut off by the older.

"Now.. I'll go get your stuff."

Suddenly Sunghoon left the office, leaving Jake befuddled by what he meant. After around 3 minutes, the black haired male came back followed by someone else, the other man seemed to be carrying a table in his hand, a pretty familiar one at that.

"Hey? Isn't that mine?" Jake asked, with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Yes. Well since you're my assistant you'll have to stay in my office too right?"

"What? How does that make sense?" Jake said, slightly frustrated. Jake liked his spot. He desk was against the wall and there was a huge window near it where there was an amazing panorama of the city from there. Jake would sometimes look out when he was thinking or just needed a small break. It always calmed him just looking at the beauty of the blue sky and the sun which caused the city to illuminate under its brightness, making seem like it came to life

"I don't want to be here!" Jake said slightly pouting.

"You agreed to do it? Can't change your mind now right? I already asked you earlier if you had other conditions and you replied that you didn't. I even asked you twice to make sure." Sunghoon smiled.

"Ugh.. how am I supposed to know it meant moving my table.." Jake rolled his eyes.

Jake was wrong, Sunghoon was terrible after all.

"Please bring his stuff too." Sunghoon said to the man.

"Okay sir." The man said politely, before leaving the room.

"Anyway, while you're here, why don't you get coffee for both of us. Make sure not to drop it this time." Sunghoon smirked.

"Ugh..." Jake sighed as he marched angrily towards the small kitchen in the adjoining room. Maybe he shouldn't have accepted this offer. His salary would be raised indeed, but it wasn't worth being bossed around by Sunghoon. Jake really despised being controlled, especially by that idiot and brainless CEO.

"Why did I even accept this. And I thought he had a good reason.. maybe it's just to ruin my life.." Jake huffed.

After preparing the coffee, he walked back to Sunghoon's office.

"Take .." Jake said.

"Thanks." Sunghoon smiled.

At that moment, Sunghoon's smile didn't seem to be evil, it looked sweet and genuine. Jake found himself smiling slightly, and for some reason his heart fluttered. Sunghoon was handsome after all, you can't blame him for blushing.. but why was Sunghoon such a confusing person? One can never know what he thinks. Sometimes he is cold and rude and the others he smiles like this? Jake really could not comprehend this man at all.

"Right.. I-I'll go do my thing. You can tell me if you need anything else." Jake said.

"Okay sure." Sunghoon said.

Jake went back to his desk. And tried to get to work. He remembered that he still had to sort out the files that Sunghoon had given him the previous night. He sat down and continued, trying not to lose focus so that he could complete everything today, although his mind would drift from time to time to Sunghoon's words. What was he trying to get rid of?

—☁️—

"Jakey! What happened man? Why did they shift your desk to Sunghoon's office?" Heeseung asked curiously.

"Since I became his personal assistant now. He just like wants me to be in his office. I'm guessing it's because I can be at his service anytime." Jake sighed.

"I'm alone now.. and plus so many people keep asking me why you left. I obviously said I don't know because it isn't their business.." Heeseung fake cried.

"Well. I never agreed to be there but, I can't refuse anything this man says."

"I mean fair enough. That's sad.. I won't get to see you often." Heeseung pouted.

"It's fine! During my breaks we can go out for drinks." Jake said with a smile.

"That would be great. Now I really hope people stop eyeing me like that. It's weird." Heeseung sighed.

"Just tell them I'm his assistant now. Thanks for waiting for my permission before telling them."

"You're welcome!" Heeseung smiled.

"Right. I think my breaks over.. I will head back to the office now." Jake said with a sigh.

"Oh alright.. see you" Heeseung said.
________________________________
Thank you for reading :)
I hope you enjoyed

Don't forget to vote and comment!
💕
1016 words