Declined

This has been a stressful year of Sophomore year.

No matter how hard Knuckles, Jet, or Sonia tried the boys can't even have fun anymore.

The counselor responsible for multiple accounts on the minors has been charged and found guilty of brutal assault on children and was given a life sentence.

But that didn't make anything better. Sonic and Manics manners didn't change.

It was like a spiritual beating took their wild sides away.

Sonic didn't have time for fun and Manic was no different.

Here they are now in Junior Year, though Knuckles hasn't even stop trying to win Sonics love.

Knuckles was walking around in a snow encrusted area in town as Knuckles sighed deeply.

Tomorrow night was the annual Winter Dance.

That is when he sees Sonic inside the cafe reading.

Knuckles took it as an opportunity to have a date for the dance.

He entered the cafe before seeing Sonic reading alone near the window.

He smirked before he took a seat across from him and greeted him, "Hey there 4-eyes."

Sonics glances at him before he asked while resuming the story, "What do you want now Knuckles? If you want to have another test coming up, the least you can do is meet me at the library like always."

Knuckles sighed and rolled his eyes before he said just after letting out a deep sigh, "Baby, you really need to lay off the studying and focus on fun."

Sonic sighed deeply before he said to him, "Whatever it is I do not want to be seen with you. Nor do I want to have fun."

Knuckles frowned before he asked the big question, "So 4-eyes, the winter dance is tomorrow night. So, want to go to the dance with me?"

Shockingly, Sonic answered in appalled and well mannered tone, "Ugh, Good God no."

Knuckles asked with a frown, "What Why?!"

Sonic replied to him, "I don't date anyone 'who was in my past'. I don't go to 'social events'. I see that we shoulda been more focused on being smart and studying but whether or not you see it remains to be seen. Besides I don't like hanging out with my Ex-boyfriend."

Knuckles heart sank when he said 'I don't like hanging out with my ex-boyfriend'.

Sonic stood up before he said, "I don't have to waste my time with a cheater and rude boy like you. So unless you have a test coming up. I suggest you leave me alone."

Knuckles stood up before he said to Sonic, "Wait!"

That brought the customers and workers at the cafe's attention.

Sonic turns to see him with a 'What do you want?' expression.

Knuckles asked, "So all the times I tried to spend with you meant nothing to you? Even when you tutor me? Sonic, you and I both know I want you back."

Sonic replied to him with a mannered tone as he adjusted his glasses, "We all know that's not true. Besides I am strictly tired of you calling me 4-eyes. It's not like I asked to be blind you know. To make this clear; I am a nerd and you, you're just a fun-loving good for nothing. It won't work and never will. Ever."

The crowd was stunned as Knuckles heart sank from what he said to him.

Sonic adjusted his glasses before he said, "Face it. I'm not the boy I once was. I don't have time for games anymore. I wanted to tell you this since I'm now matured, you are so inconsiderate Knuckles and I will never go out with you ever again. Goodbye."

Once Sonic walked out Knuckles collapsed onto his knees. His heart was crushed just like Sonics was a long time ago in 7'th grade.