Chapter 1

"The city blazed a luminescent shade of amber, but it wasn't the brightness that made you look away. It was the thought that your brother had been the one to cause all this mayhem."
-- Prompt Type: Villain --
-- Writing Prompt From: SomeoneCreative --
-- Chatacter(s): The Emperor, The Duchess

     Dawn sky of oranges and pinks fading into inky darkness of night, heated orange and yellows flicked and licked the sky above. Embers flew through the air, falling to the land in random patterns. Lite buildings crumbled, sending smoke and debris blocks away, vehicles didn't fare any better. Explosions, raging fires trapped within windows and engine parts, an oddly flipped cars. Velma stared on with disbelief, shocked to what lay before her. Blue eyes slowly shifted to a cloaked man who stood up on a nearby building's edge, he looked on, unreadable mask hiding any thought- Any emotion. Throughout these years, Velma, The Duchess, had never thought her brother would go this far!

Her baby brother- A chaotic manic!

     She stood and supported his fantasy of playing a villain in a superhero world. The woman never thought how real it'll become. Tears stung the corners of Velma's eyes, she hadn't realized she had been crying when the feeling of salty liquid ran down hollowed cheeks; An ever flowing river. Legs weak as jelly collapsed, unable to hold dead weight much longer. Bare knees scrapping against cracked asphalt, pebbles dug into flesh and scratches littered about.

"My home..."

Velma mumbled, this city filled with ups and downs had been destroyed along with any humans and heroes alike. Teary blue eyes shifted back to the burning city, red lips quivered, heart racing and hair falling out of place. The woman snapped out of her reverie when a figure cloaked in white and armor appeared before her. Eyes moved from legs, passed hips and chest until finally gazing upon emotionless mask.

"Please don't shed tears." Spoke a low voice, soft and gentle only for her. A metallic hand brushed mascara laced tears away. "These pathetic creatures aren't worth it."

"Why?.."

Blank eyes stared down with a tilt of a head,

"Why?" He parroted. "They sealed their own fate. There's consequences when one steps out of line and they have been for sometime now." Velma watched the man passby her, the white cloak nearly snapped her face like a biting dog. Gloved hands pressed against pavement as she attempted to crane her body just enough to watch her brother. Familiar white vans pulled forth- Only two; one for explosives and the other being a personal ride. When the vehicles came to an abrupt stop, the side door slid open without any trouble. A few men in matching uniforms and masks hopped out, weapon in their hands but not drawn- No harm will be brought. They made way to the man in armor as if he were their king- their Emperor.

He ruled over people and land, bringing order and destruction to those who opposes. No one will be safe from his mighty hand.

The Emperor will rule whatever it takes.