[part 2] give you a child

After taking some time to satisfy their more practical hunger, the two eventually make their way to the bath, leaving the kitchen a mess to be cleaned up in the morning

After taking some time to satisfy their more practical hunger, the two eventually make their way to the bath, leaving the kitchen a mess to be cleaned up in the morning...or perhaps the morning after that. If Sebastian has it his way, they aren't going to be leaving the bedroom any time soon.

For now, however, the two lay comfortably in the large, claw-footed bathtub of their ensuite, the heated water relaxing their aching muscles and washing the day away. Sebastian rests his head back against the porcelain rim, eyes closed as the steam soothes his body and soul. Sloane is settled against him, her back flush with his chest, their arms resting across her waist beneath the bubbly surface.

Silence used to be unnerving until he met her, learning that two people could simply exist. Sloane is the only person who understands him without the need for words, interpreting his moods and emotions with a simple glance or touch. To think only ten years have passed when it already feels like a lifetime—he hopes the love between them lasts for an eternity.

She lets out a contented sigh, her pinned up hair tickling his chin as she adjusts. He peeks open an eye, letting out his own cozy hum. His words are heavy and mumbled against her temple, "dun wunna get out."

"Me either," she whispers with a breathy chuckle. "Are we losing our youthful energy?"

"I certainly hope not," Sebastian huffs, tightening his hold around her. He and Sloane have always had a very active sex life—fervent, wild passion, unable to keep their hands off one another. "The day I can't pleasure you with my body is the day you take me to St. Mungos to be put out of my misery."

"So, in ten years?"

Sebastian pinches her thigh in response to her tease, causing her to yelp and squirm with laughter. "At least we'll have more privacy by then, to experience embarrassing sex injuries without traumatizing our son."

"Ant will be off to Hogwarts, and we'll have an empty house."

He smiles at the shared assumption Antony will inherit magic. It's not always a forgone conclusion with wizarding parents, but he doubts their inquisitive son is a squib. Another thought crosses his mind, and he shifts to sit up a little, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Would we really be on our own?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" Sloane is momentarily puzzled. "Oh, well...I suppose father will still visit, though as he gets older it'll be best if we go to him—"

Sebastian traces his fingers across her abdomen until his palm is flush against her skin. "I'm not talking about Daideo."

Judging by her soft inhale, she realizes her husband's meaning. The thought of growing their little family has been tickling at the edges of his mind, the idea of Sloane growing round with another child and glowing with maternal beauty—it is a vision that makes his heart swell and his loins ache with excitement.