Chapter 1.3 Journey and Accompany

Lucifer, not one to be easily deceived, mischievously smiled. "Amenadiel, Amenadiel, you can't fool me. There's a glint in your celestial eyes that tells a different story."

Amenadiel, now on the defensive, countered, "Why don't you focus on capturing the heart of the archangel who has you enchanted, Lucifer? That seems like a more interesting pursuit."

Lucifer, unexpectedly caught off guard by Amenadiel's counterattack, fell silent for a moment. Amenadiel, victorious in the banter, smiled triumphantly, leaving the celestial kitchen with a lingering sense of playful camaraderie.

Beelzebub, observing Lucifer as he neared the completion of cleaning the plates, approached him with a subtle nod. "I'll be heading into town with Camael, at her request. Zadkiel and Uriel are joining us as well," Beelzebub informed.

Lucifer, pleasantly surprised by Beelzebub's willingness to join the social gathering, smiled. "Well, well, looks like someone is becoming quite the social celestial. Enjoy your time in town, Beelzebub."

Beelzebub, holding a hand respectfully to his king, responded, "We're among the last infernals maintaining the status quo, Lucifer. Hell is rejecting us after the recent events, especially the daring rescue of Jophiel from Lilith's clutches."

Lucifer, acknowledging the changing dynamics, agreed with a thoughtful nod. "You're right, Beelzebub. The winds of change are sweeping through Hell, and we find ourselves in the midst of it. Enjoy the time in town, and remember, we adapt to survive."

Beelzebub, ever attentive to Lucifer's well-being and intrigued by the complexities of his existence, respectfully approached him. "Your highness," Beelzebub began with a noble address, "may I inquire about your identity in the realm of humanity? Is it still shrouded in secrecy, forgotten by the masses? The halberd's curse that was meant for Michael but caught by you in the act of saving the archangel—it has not unveiled your celestial identity, has it?"

Lucifer, taking a moment to consider Beelzebub's inquiry, replied with a calm assurance, "Fear not, Beelzebub. My identity in the realm of humanity remains veiled and unchanged. The consequences of that cursed halberd did not expose me to the prying eyes of mortals. I continue to move among them unnoticed, a celestial presence in the shadows."

Beelzebub, relieved by Lucifer's response, nodded in understanding.

As the celestial conversation between Beelzebub and Lucifer unfolded, the door swung open, and Camael entered with a determined expression. "My apologies for the sudden interruption," she said, addressing Lucifer and Beelzebub.

Lucifer, ever composed, reassured her, "It's quite alright, Camael. What brings you here?"

Camael, focused on the task at hand, turned to Beelzebub and said, "Beelzebub, it's time to head into town. We shouldn't keep the others waiting."

Lucifer, understanding the need to join the celestial gathering, nodded and said, "Beelzebub, you have my approval to join them. Enjoy your time in town."

Beelzebub, loyal and respectful, bowed slightly before excusing himself. "Thank you, my king. I shall join you in town, Camael."

As Beelzebub took his leave, Lucifer and Camael shared a knowing glance, acknowledging the delicate balance they navigated in the celestial town of Bethlehem.

Lucifer, with a mischievous glint in his eyes, took a sneak peek through the window, watching Beelzebub and Camael head into town. A sarcastic scoff escaped him as he mused aloud, "Well, well, it seems Beelzebub and Camael make quite the celestial pair as well." A playful smirk danced on Lucifer's lips as he continued to observe the unfolding events beyond the celestial kitchen window in Jophiel's house.