~Prologue~

Frostbite stood in front of the throne, seeing her reflection in the back of it. The throne seemed too small for a five-year-old dragonet such as her. The throne was tall, and Frostbite could see jewels inlaid in the talonrests and the back. She could still see several ice crystals stuck to the throne, signaling that Queen Hare had been on it recently.

Thousands of queens had been sitting on the throne for ages, but Frostbite felt out of place. She climbed on top of the throne, barely reaching the talonrests.

Do I really belong here? She wondered.

The room was empty, and Frostbite opened her mouth.

"Hello?" She asked.

Nothing answered her.

"Skua?" She asked.

No one answered.

Frostbite put on the crown. It seemed too heavy, like it knew Frostbite wasn't going to be a good queen.

Am I meant for this? She looked down at the floor.

There seemed to be blood on the floor, like someone had died here.

Did they?

Frostbite jumped off the throne, heading to the queen's quarters.

There were some paintings of the past royal family.

One stood out to her, though.

There was a SeaWing, hung up somewhere near the window.

They were looking at the painter, a wistful expression on their face. They had a green underbelly, and blue scales. There was a knife slung around their neck, holding something like a dagger.

Who's this? She asked.

A guard entered the room.

"Are you okay? Where's the queen?"

"Oh, um, I'm the acting queen. Queen Hare is on a diplomatic mission," she lied. "I'm Acting Queen Frostbite."

The guard bowed at the IceWing hybrid.

Why does this feel wrong?