Take It All Off

So glad some of you are enjoying this story!! Fair warning: this is the first mature-ish content chapter.

‿︵‿︵‿୨🏐୧‿︵‿︵‿

Honestly, Kageyama had no business being this excited for a shower. It wasn't even a shower for him. He was just on standby.

Nonetheless, his whole body was all tingly. It was like pre-game jitters when he couldn't wait to get the ball in his hands again, only ten times worse.

He was worse than Hinata right now. Stomach problems and everything.

Hinata leaned against the edge of the sink, arms over his chest, a look of total distrust on his face as he watched Kageyama get the shower running and find the perfect water temperature. Every glance out of the corner of Kageyama's eye sent another shiver down his spine. How could Hinata look so good when he was angry? The runt's red-tipped ears and pouty lips were ridiculously attractive.

"Okay, I think that's good," Kageyama said as he stood up straight in the middle of his tiny bathroom. With barely a foot of space between him and Hinata, he faked casualness when he picked up the monitor on the bathroom counter, making sure Kaii was still behaving in the other room.

"I'm just gonna take off my shirt and the brace," Hinata said with a huff.

"Huh?" Kageyama set the monitor down and narrowed his eyes. "You gotta take off everything, boke."

Clutching his shirt a little tightly, Hinata stammered, "I— No! I'm not gonna do that!"

"Come on. I've seen it all before." Kageyama stood his ground, arms crossing over his chest. "We bathed together all the time on volleyball trips and overnighters."

Hinata's fingers twisted and worked at his shirt, refusing to let go like it was his security blanket or something. "Still..."

"Will it make you feel better if I strip too?" Kageyama had already been planning to, but now faced with the reality... He fiddled with the edge of his shirt, starting to feel some of the same apprehension Hinata suffered from.

Before fear could get the better of him, Kageyama whisked off his shirt, then bent over to take off his socks. He grabbed the waistband of his pants, shoving them down while holding his breath, feeling heat creep up the back of his neck for the countless time that day.

"Don't make it weird," he barked. "Just undress already. Before the water gets cold."

Hinata groaned and moaned like his stomach was bothering him, but he did as he was told, starting with his shirt. When it came to the last shred of clothes between them, neither of them could make the first move. Neither had the guts to remove their underwear.

Kageyama gave up after ten painful seconds waiting for courage to strike. He left the underwear, and he hoisted Hinata up into his arms without a moment's notice.

"Woah— Hey—"

Kageyama stepped into the shower, directly under the stream of warm water, then slowly eased Hinata down onto his feet. In a low, gravelly voice, he rasped, "Temperature okay?"

Hinata had gone silent, his lips parted in shock. Staring up at Kageyama, Hinata's hands rested against Kageyama's chest.

"Boke. I asked a question."

"Um. Yeah." Hinata swallowed thickly, then forced his eyes down.

Which was a mistake.

When Kageyama followed Hinata's gaze downward to the mere inch of space between them, he realized at once that it had been a mistake to get in with any clothes remaining. His black briefs clung to his hips, completely soaked through, but more damning was the semi hard on he was sporting beneath the tight fabric. Hinata was faring no better, except his white briefs were pretty much see through at this point.