part three

The next morning Rumpel woke up on the floor, (like usual,) but this time he woke to find, right in front of his eyes, a wooden spinning wheel. Hand crafted with such care. It was beautiful, and it even came with its own stool! Rumpel turned around fast toward Hook's bed but Hook wasn't in it. Rumpel thought to look for Hook but thought it would be best to use the gift. To regain his sanity. (It worked by the way.)

He strode out of the room to find either Hook or one of his men. He found Smee. "Smee! Have you seen Hook?" Rumpel called to Hook's second in command. "Not since last night, Rumpelstiltskin, Sir." Smee replied.

"Very well." Rumpel said as he started walking away. "You know a 'Thank you,' would be in order!" Smee called to Rumpel as he stopped and turned around. "Thank you." Replied Rumpel sincerely. Smee and a few of other crew members stood there, dumbfounded, at the idea of The Dark One doing or saying anything remotely respectful towards them.

Rumpel had been looking for Hook for a while now but with no luck. He finally found him in the far back of the boat that was hidden by a tone of shipping crates. The area was small and secluded but Hook didn't seem to mind. So he moved closer so that he was standing a few feet behind Hook, who didn't seem to notice him at all.

"Hello." Rumpel said breaking the silence. Hook casually turned his head to look at him and smiled. "Oh, I've been expecting you. Only I didn't think you'd find me here."He said as he stared at Rumpel. There was a short moment of silence then Rumpel finally said, "Mind if I join you?" and Hook moved aside and gestured for him to take the spot next to him.

"Do you come here often?" Asked Rumpelstiltskin nervously after a while of silence. "Yes, actually. I come here to think some times. Clear my head." Rumpel gave a devilish smirk and said, "Funny, I didn't think you'd be the thinking type." Hook said nothing. "So what do you usually come to think about?"

Hook sighed and thought for a moment. "Oh...many things."Rumpel nodded. He really didn't think he would get much else out of him; he seemed very quiet now. "So, did you like it?"Hook asked interrupting Rumpel's train of thought." Like what?"He asked genuinely confused. "The spinning wheel." Hook answered making Rumpel snap back to the reality he hadn't realized he had left. "OH, right, yeah. That's actually why I came here. To thank you for the lovely gift. I truly appreciate it."

Hook gave him a genuine smile and Rumpel returned it. "Well, you're very welcome, mate. Have you used it?"

"Used what?" Rumpel asked still smiling. "The spinning wheel." Hook chuckled as Rumpel rolled his eyes. "Oh that. Well I don't think I could have last another day without it. Thank you again. It really does mean a lot." Rumpel smiled and said sincerely as Hook put a hand on his shoulder and smile back just as sincerely.

"You know, you never gave me a real answer to my previous question." Rumpel said changing the subject. "And what would that be?"

"What kind of things do you think about when you come here?" Hook sighed as he removed his hand from Rumpel's shoulder. "What our next move will be, places to obtain treasure, other more personal things." Said Hook more casually. "What kind of things?"Rumpel asked quietly. He didn't want to upset Hook. "My father... my brother... Milah, Bae..."Rumpel was somewhat surprised. He could only imagine what he thought of them.

"Do you think of them often?...Milah and Bae?" Rumpel asked as he looked out over the railings of the ship then back at Hook. "Recently." Hook said with a sigh. "And why is that?... Dearie." Rumpel said trying to lighten the mood. It worked.

Hook laughed and said, "Because of you." Rumpel was confused. Why would he be thinking about Milah and Baelfire, and why because of him? He had to know. "Why because of me?" Hook looked at him for a moment. Concern and sincerity gleamed in those light blue orbs. "Because I know I've wronged you." He said. "Because it was I who Milah left you for, and I know it must have pained you to see her die. If only she had listened to me."