Chapter 6

Illusion's POV

Bluebell started sobbing, quietly, and she covered her snout with her talons, as if trying to hide her tears. Cascade went over to her and, comforting her at the same time, asked her to explain what had happened.

"Me and F-Faith were bored, so we came to try to find the nightwing dragon that was rumored to be slowly turning into stone. But then we got lost, and this dragon appeared out of nowhere. He attacked us, so me and Faith fought back. B-but i-in the end, he t-took Faith and disappeared," Bluebell confessed, all the while with tears running down her snout. "What will I do? Everyone will blame me for getting her kidnapped."

"Wait. That dragon just disappeared? Like, into thin air?" Cascade questioned, confused. She nodded. Now he had mentioned it, Illusion felt baffled, especially by Bluebell's response.

Cascade frowned. "That could make our enemy powerful. For all we know, he could be an animus,"

As they talked, Illusion glanced around the cave. The rock ceiling rose a few metres from the ground, and the top was in the shadows, giving it an imposing look. Pause. What was that? Pale, familiar glittering pink flashed across Illusion's vision, causing him to blink. He squinted into the darkness, but just as unexpectedly as it had appeared, it had disappeared again. Illusion guessed he would have to figure it out later.

*~*~*~*

They had somehow managed to grab all attention just as they emerged into the great hall. Sunlight streamed through the holes in the roof, and the three of them blinked, trying to adjust to such brightness after the darkness in the tunnels. The sunset coloured dragon-Robin, Illusion remembered-proceeded over to them when she saw injured Bluebell. Her eyes widened at the sight of the silkwing covered in scratches supported by Cascade on one side.

"What happened?" Robin inquired as she directed her gaze at Illusion. Behind her, more dragons crowded around.

He gulped. "Bluebell here went into the tunnels with Faith and they were attacked," Illusion explained, but before he could vocalize anything further into the matter, a frantic-looking sandwing nightwing hybrid appeared. Illusion stepped back to make way as he advanced towards Bluebell. Seeing him, she straightened up a little and (seemed to) mentally prepared for what was about to come.

"Where's Faith?" He demanded, worry shivering in his voice.

"That's Timestopper," Robin muttered close to Illusion's ear, "The dragonet of two heroes from the old jade winglet that managed to trick the Darkstalker again after his awakening. Rumor has it that Timestopper found an enchanted object that can stop time from an early age, thus giving him his name." Illusion has heard of Darkstalker and the jade winglet before, however his knowledge on the matter was still quite limited. But an object that can stop time, discovered by a dragonet? He would never have thought of it. The subject was enough to stir up curiosity.

Bluebell couldn't meet Faith's protective brother's eyes. She opened her mouth, once, but then closed it, unsure of what to say.

"Faith most likely has been kidnapped," Cascade answered in the most blunt, straightforward and ruthless way, however there was pity in his voice. All around, dragons gasped. Timestopper looked like he was going to faint. Then chat began to spread like a virus through the crowds, from one dragon to another, until Clay broke the tension.

"Hey, hey, calm down. What's going on here?" Clay pushed through the mass of students until he reached them, and sighed when he saw Bluebell. "So many injured students these days," He seemed to mutter under his breath with a touch of dismay.

As Clay led Bluebell through the halls toward the infirmary, Cascade, Illusion, and Robin fell in step behind them, as though to an unsaid agreement. The entrance to the infirmary was covered by long, trailing strands of vines reaching down to touch the pebbly ground, and beams of sunlight shone through the narrow gaps in between. The inside was revealed to be a lovely, large cave with a pool of water, shelves of herbs, and beds made from comfy-looking moss and blankets. Clay told Bluebell to go over to the recovery section and started working on her wounds. Cascade stood and looked over them, deep in thought.

For a moment or two, Illusion and Robin just stood there awkwardly, neither knowing what to say to the other. Then Clay asked, so Bluebell told him what had happened, from the beginnings of how Faith got taken, (Clay looked rather troubled at this part) to the end of how she had been found, with each of the others filling in on the story. At last, when her scratches had all been treated properly, Clay left them to blissful silence as he went to contact Faith's parents and to discuss the matter with Tsunami and the other teachers.

"We are going to have comprehension in the library soon," Robin started randomly out of nowhere to Illusion, as she sat by the pool's edge and disturbed the clear, serene liquid with a talon.

He looked up in surprise. "How do you know?" Illusion asked curiously.

Robin pointed out the window, where the sun was high in the azure sky. "It's currently noon, and the lesson is in the afternoon,"

"Ok. Cool," Illusion didn't know what to say to that, but he felt a need for a response.

I am sorry if there is any inaccuracy in the description of the infirmary, but I finished the books quite a while ago so I can't remember exactly.