.o0o.

Russia collapses, and yet Yao is still there, holding Ivan's hand.

-

"you can't just leave like this," Yao slaps mentally slaps himself. of course he can leave like that, dumbass. he deserves it.

and Ivan, that little shit, has the audacity to grin at him, "you agreed one of us had to leave first, да?"

... and Yao almost bursts into tears all over again. pull yourself together, bingus! you're turning 5000 next month- and then the thought that Ivan most likely won't be there to celebrate it makes it a lot worse.

"when i said that, i wholeheartedly believed that i would go first," Yao lowers himself against their couch.

"don't mourn me when i go, okay? gods this sounds cheesy- but! don't get all sad again. find someone else. i don't care if you replace me, as long as i'm dead."

both of them go silent. this entire situation sounds cheesy.

sometime later, Yao wakes up to Ivan's still body.

"you didn't even let me tell you that i loved you, snowflake. how mean."

-

Yao... Yao isn't a jewelry person, but-

oh, who is he kidding? he's all for jewelry.

Ivan has always said that having your ashes made into a diamond would be cool. now he's a little shiny thing, dangling around Yao's neck.

and so, of course, Yao leaves him in a little necklace box before entering that room. it'd be rude to let him see his, ah, what he calls the depression room. he's not proud of it.

it's been a century? three? since he was last in this little room located beneath his apartment complex and he can still smell the stale blood and rubbing alcohol. just barely, but it's there. the dim lamp hanging from the ceiling gives an almost cozy mood.

it's been a month or so and he's... he's tried his best not to come back to the depression room. he never told Ivan about the depression room and Ivan never asked, so. he's almost completely sure that Ivan knows about the depression room and just won't confront him about it. they both have lived hundreds of human lifetimes and especially Yao. it's not like he could die or cause himself any real harm.

and so, with this in mind, Yao begins to browse his large collection of poisons.

-

Yay.

i showed this to my friend and she was like: im not gonna read that bc im probably going to die of second hand embarrassment. just from the first sentence.

yes. i hope you died of second hand embarrassment.

go drink water

or eat a cracker

or go outside

okay bye bye