Be Normal

-Nobody gives a fuck! I'm all alone in this freaking city. *throws the phone to the wall*Sorry... What can I do for you?

-Are you okay? You looked like you were having a panic attack.

-Sorry. Some awful things happened lately and I'm so annoyed by it.

-İt's okay. My name is Drake. What is yours?

-Cassandra.

.

.

.

1, 5 years later

I'm sitting in a fancy restaurant. I can't believe this. Some fancy bitches are looking to me like wtf is she doing here but it is okay. Here we go. Derek is finally here, wow he is wearing a suit. That's a first.

-I'm sorry I'm late.

-Why are you late? *being the bitch I always am*

-I had to stop while I was coming here.

-What happened?

-I bought this.

He shows an enormous ring... My brain is all empty. Questions are popping. "Do I really love him?" "When he find out who am will he hate me?" "What about my first love? Did I move on or..?" My leaps are sealed. One side of my heart screams "No, you are not this!" but the other side says "this is the chance, be normal." He asks

-Cassandra Fidem, will you marry me?

His eyes are glowing like a frightened cat.

-Cas?

-I'm sorry...

I run to death. I get out of there and go home. Why can't I be normal? Why does the world have to be like this? I've been wanting this since 17. Be normal, marry with someone, have kids. In a way I'm relaxed, like I didn't love him at all. On the other hand I feel furious because I couldn't use this chance.

The moment I open the door I understand that my destiny is punishing me with destroying normal life I have. My roommate and my sister whom I haven't seen for 8 years is standing in my hall. My genius roommate Lola let a stranger in our home just because she said that I'm her sister. Unlikely my "thoughtful" sister when Lola saw me crying, she hugged me

-Didn't you said yes?

By the way she is Drake's sister. That's how we met and became bff. That's why she knows he would ask me to marry him.

-Don't cry please! You're making me cry too. See, your sister just came to see you.

I'm still crying. I can't talk. After 10 minutes of awkward silence my sister interrupts

-It's been long time have no seen. Right sis?

-What do you want?

-Aren't you going to say 'hello'?

-Hi and goodbye.

She doesn't have a talent called 'patience'. She starts shouting at me

-What the fuck girl?! You are the one who left and I'm the one who isn't getting a friendly hi! Do you have any fucking idea what you've done to mom and dad? To me?

She gets calmer.

-Didn't I mean to you something? I've had to do everything which was your responsibility. You made my life hell. Everybody in our family was crying because you left. Do you know who took care of things? Me! Nobody gives a fuck about me. How tired I was? I was falling apart but everybody cared about you. What would Cassandra do on her own? You know what I was alone there too!

Lola doesn't have any patient either so they started fighting while I was crying

-I'm sorry about what you've lived but Cassandra is sad enough can't you give her some space.

-This is none of your business!

-If you think you can come to my house and shout at my best friend, yes it is my business!

-You humans don't have any idea right? I thought you two were best friends. I can't believe it. Didn't she told you?

-She didn't told me what?

-That she is an incantatrix.

She is such an asshole! She just put a bomb and left. Lola looks confused. We are alone. She turns her incriminating looks into me

-What does incantatrix means?

-It's nothing too important.

-Really because she mentioned it very loudly.

-It's a Latin word.

-I get that part. What does it means?

-It doesn't have an English translate. It is an ancient Latin legend.

-The meaning.

-It's like a witch.

She gave me that crazy look.

-But it has a lot of difference from a witch. We don't disappear in water. We don't collect nature's power. And we are not green as you see.

-WHAT?

-I know you think that I'm crazy but I can prove it to you. I will cast a gravitas incantatores. It means gravity magic. 'Redde mihi eam. Ad libertatem dare recusat. Perdere gravitate.'

Everything starts to fly. And Lola is having a heart attack. She can't talk for a while. And then she asks

-Am I dreaming? Is that even real?

-I know that is so weird to you. And I would understand if you don't want to talk to me.

-Are you kidding?! That is so cool. Can you teach me? And what does all the words that you just said. Wow!

-Calm down It's not that easy to become incantatores but you can turn into a lamia with a spell.

.

We talked all night long. She asked so many questions and I've answered them all.

.

When it is 7 a.m. my sis visited me. Lola didn't looked so happy when she come in

-Why did you come?

-I'm here to apologize. Sorry Lola and Cassandra. What can I say, I have high temperature. It doesn't matter. Cassandra something very bad happened.

-What happened Faith?

-Our family, our town is in danger.

When I saw her terrified eyes, I understood what happened.

'