chapter 2- with resentment, my heart is heavy

*slanted words- in the past*

Yeonjun's behavioral patterns had started to confuse TXT. Clearly, Yeonjun was upset about something. The events from that day certainly proved it. What they didn't understand was that Yeonjun would purposely dodge the questions they asked him. After Soobin had tried to communicate with the older—and failing incredibly—Beomgyu wanted to try.

"What's wrong, hyung?" he would ask, "did something happen at dance practice when you stayed?"

At first, Beomgyu thought everything was going well. He followed Soobin's steps that he left on that note.

'Hi, Beomgyu
I know that you want to talk to Yeonjun, and he's a little sensitive, so I left some steps for you to follow! (I hope this works, since I use this, too)
1. Calmly approach said person (Yeonjun, in this case)
2. After gaining their (Yeonjun's) attention, calmly address the problem (I think you know what I mean by this)
3. BE PATIENT. Don't rush them (Yeonjun) to get an answer, especially because people (Yeonjun) like(s) to think before they (he) speak(s)
4. If you get an answer you don't like, deal with it. Don't start an argument. If said answer is unrelated to the situation (ex- "it doesn't matter", "it's not your business", etc.), kindly address your situation again (don't say stuff like this- "that isn't an answer", "how does that relate to our problem?", because people (Yeonjun) will feel attacked this way, and think you are purposely trying to get personal information out of them (him) (you are, but at the same time, you're not. This is more like looking out for a friend)
5. If you still don't get an answer, you'll just have to try again at a later time.
Note that sometimes this may not work. Sometimes people are really upset and don't want to talk to others about something they're going through. Also, they might just want to go through that thing alone, but in this group, we work together on everything. No one is left out!
Yours truly,
Soobin
(also, I may or may not have stolen your bunny hoodie)'

Beomgyu was facing Yeonjun's back. He had expected none less, in all honesty. He noticed that when he asked his questions, Yeonjun tensed up. Beomgyu took note in that. He hoped he wouldn't forget to tell the members his new discovery. After a long and intense silence, Yeonjun finally spoke up.

"Why would you assume something happened at dance practice?" Yeonjun responded with a bitter tone, "it isn't any of your business, Beomgyu."

Beomgyu knew he had to try again. He had to follow Soobin's instructions. Well, he didn't have to, but he thought it was most sensible to do so.

"Hyung," he responded, with a saddened tone, "please. I only want to help you, since you seemed very sad when you came home that day. You've almost never left your room since, and if you do leave, we don't see you for hours. Please, Yeonjun-hyung, I just want to help you."

Beomgyu was surprised at his own tone. It sounded like he was about to cry. In which, he felt he was. He hated seeing his hyung in such a state; it pained him greatly. He hoped Yeonjun would consider his tone and give him a reasonable answer.

Unfortunately, you don't always get what you want in life.

"I'm fine, Beomgyu," Yeonjun replies, now facing Beomgyu, "I have everything under control. I'm the oldest, you shouldn't have to worry about me."

"It doesn't matter if you're the oldest!" Beomgyu accidentally blurted, "that means nothing! We're here to help you, you're not going to suffer alone!"

Yeonjun stared at Beomgyu with a blank expression. In all honesty, he wanted to laugh in the younger's face. He knew that would come off as rude and as a bad hyung. So, he chose not to do the ridiculous action. He was the oldest amongst the group, he shouldn't have the younger members worry about him. How selfish of him, right?