Dream Chapter: Begins

Ripples of water softly brush against my face, gently waking me up from my slumber. My eyes struggle to adjust to the darkness that surrounds me; a silent, indescribable pain follows in its wake. 

Unable to control my body, I lay motionless, allowing the gentle stream to continue to caress my body as it flowed endlessly into the unknown.

A thick haze of what I could only assume were my memories clouded my existence.

Who am I?

What am I?

Where am I?

It wasn't until a faint, blue glow came into existence, casting long shadows that mingled and danced along the walls of what looked like a tunnel.

The dance beckons me, coaxing me out of my stillness, and I gradually ascend, stretching out towards it.

It starts to playfully tempt me, allowing my fingertips to brush against its glow before it gradually retreats. A rush of unfamiliar emotions begins to blossom within me — a profound feeling of safety and comfort embraces me, only to vanish as swiftly as it emerged.

It offers a brief taste, only to snatch it away, engaging in a rather heartless game of chase.

"Don't go," I muttered, the comforting sound of my voice now sounding unfamiliar within this void. I continued to reach out to the blue light begging for the warmth and comfort it showed me. Only for it to continue to slip through my grasp like the running stream beneath me.

My footsteps echoed faintly as I stumbled forward, following the blue light while also attempting to navigate my surroundings.

Aimlessly wandering in the darkness for what seemed like an eternity.

I no longer wanted answers to my questions. Maybe I never needed them. All that crossed my mind was escaping this dark void, lacking in warmth and comfort. All of which could be obtained once I hold onto this eerie blue light.

There it was, emitting its soft blue glow in front of me, teasing me once again. Telling me to reach for it. Promising me that it will stay and share its wonderful gifts with me in this gloomy world. My arm reached out without hesitation, I only wanted one thing and it was right in front of me.

If only I had realized sooner what a fool I was.

As abruptly as it entered my life, it departed with the same suddenness it arrived.

Unable to see my hand now extended out to where the soft light once was. I was left in the dark once again, only just as cold and scared as I was in the beginning. The floor beneath me began to cave in.

As the floor crumbled beneath me, I found myself plummeting into the abyss, darkness now surrounding me from all sides. The desperate urge to scream, to fight against the inevitable, and to cling desperately to what remained, all surged within me. However, regardless of what I felt, all I could do was accept my fate and allow the darkness to shroud my vision once again.