We Run From Half-Bloods

⚡︎ CALISTA WALTERS ⚡︎

"I'M LUKE, YOU'VE MET CLARISSE, AND BEHIND HER IS CHRIS." The first boy spoke, stepping in front of Clarisse.

He sheathed his sword, prompting the other two to do the same.

"Well...thanks for the introduction but we have somewhere else to be."Mariana smiled, turning away from them.

Then a loud voice, booming with authority, echoed through the clearing.

"Calista and Mariana! Get your asses here now!" Soleli shouted angrily in the distance.

"Was that Sol?" Chris wondered aloud.

I sent a quick glance to Mari, who nodded with a knowing look. We exchanged an uneasy glance with Luke, Clarisse, and Chris before deciding to make our exit.

Without a second thought, Mari and I bolted. Luckily we had trees and hills to take cover from. The Converses I was wearing didn't help as much against the rocky ground.

I could hear footsteps thrudding behind me.

"Stop!" Chris shouted, but I just kept swerving between the trees, not caring about getting lost in the treelines.

I only turned around when I realized that Mariana wasn't next to me and then from there everything went downhill, literally.

An uprooted tree trunk sent me flying to the ground. The dirt stained my jeans and hands, but I quickly scrambled back onto my feet. My knees began to ache as I ran.

Where is she? Was she caught? Did Mari get in trouble? Or did she get free? But what if she got attacked?

My mind began racing, and panic set in as I tried to process the situation. 

The distant sounds of the camp and the pursuit of the other demigods fueled my anxiety. I pushed myself to run faster, hoping to catch up with Mariana and make sure she was safe.

The woods around me seemed to close in, and every rustle of leaves or snapping twig intensified my unease. As I emerged from the thick trees, I found myself in a clearing. Mariana was nowhere in sight, and the pursuing demigods were gaining on me. I had to make a split-second decision – continue running and risk being caught, or find a place to hide.

But there was nowhere to hide?

No rocks or bushes, just the dirt ground.

I frantically looked for my next escape exit but there was nowhere to go? Unless I went back–

"Hey!" Chris called.

My eyes darted to his direction. His deep brown eyes looked concerned, for me.

"Just stop!" I yelled

"I just wanna help you! I know it must be super confusing but we can help you here." Chris spoke gently, still attempting to close the distance between up.

"Get away!"I spat at him, crossing my hands over my head.

And then it happened again.

Lighting cracked down from the sky.

When I opened my eyes it was raining, well more like drizzling. I looked up at the graying sky and then down to the wet ground I was sitting on.

"My gods Chris!" A girl exclaimed, I couldn't really make out anything with my blurred vision. The only thing I knew for sure was the feeling of my hands stinging.

"I'm okay." The voice said shakily.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Annabeth I'm fine." The first boy persisted.