One

Lights. Ready.

Microphone. Ready.

Camera. Ready.

"Hello everyone!" I started my video, looking directly into the camera lens. I'm an Australian YouTuber that recently moved to Sydney, around two months ago. There were amazing opportunities here that I couldn't resist. 

I wasn't exactly a 'beauty guru' like most other female YouTuber's. I preferred to aim my towards promoting positivity, and talking about video games. I did the odd beauty video here and there. I also did quite a few hauls, but I still didn't consider to be that much into beauty that I focused every video on it.

I finished my video, saying bye to the camera before turning it off. I imported all of my footage onto my laptop and decided to walk into my kitchen to grab a quick snack. I picked up an apple and took a bite out of it, walking back to my room to begin editing my video.

I lived in an apartment by myself just outside of the city. When I first decided to move to Sydney, I was nervous. I left behind my family and friends to move to a city where I basically knew no one. I moved to Sydney for the amazing opportunities that I would be able to receive. Additionally, my management was based in Sydney.

I only started my YouTube channel two years ago, but I already have nearly one million subscribers. 

I quickly tied up my shoulder length brunette hair - exposing my helix, upper lobe and standard lobe piercings - before I continued editing. 

After editing for what seemed like forever, I took a little break. I checked my emails to notice that I had one from my management. 

To: Trinity

Hello Trinity,

We have come to the conclusion that it would be a great idea for you to date a member of a band. Your fans have known you to be single for a while, and you're so close to one million subscribers. This would be an excellent opportunity to get promotion for your channel! 

We have been contacted by the management of a band that is based here in Sydney. He said that it would be great if you could attend a meeting with us this afternoon at our office in the city. 

Thanks,

The Management Team.

I pulled out my phone and decided to text one of my main managers, Abbey. She usually helps me with anything, and it would be quicker than replying to the email.

To: Abbey

Hey Abbey, I'll be able to make the meeting today. What time would you like me to be there?

She replied back almost instantly.

To: Trinity

Hey, would you be able to make it here in half an hour?

I looked down at what I was wearing. I had already had a shower before I filmed my video, so I was wearing a nice top. However, I only put on some track suit pants. My hair and make-up was basically done, so I didn't really have anything that I had to do. Plus, moving to this apartment building meant that the office was only 10 minutes away.

To: Abbey

Yeah, that should be fine!

I saved the video that I had almost finished editing, but decided to take my laptop in case the meeting didn't start straight away. I walked over to my closet and got out a pair of high waisted jeans. It was currently summer here, but it wasn't a hot day. I picked up my laptop, phone and my apartment keys before walking out the door. Since the office wasn't too far away, I decided to just walk. I still had 20 minutes before the meeting, and the office was only a 10 minute walk away. 

I quickly got to the office and walked inside. I smiled and said hi to the receptionist, Amy, as I walked past. She smiled back at me and looked back down at her computer. I went straight into Abbey's office.

"Hey," I said, sitting down on one of the chairs.

"Hey, you got here quickly," she replied, looking up from her computer. "We're just waiting for the band member and his manager to get here before the meeting. I'll explain some stuff to you now."

"Okay," I replied, making myself comfortable. 

"We were already thinking about doing something like this; having you promotionally date someone else. Since your channel is close to one million, we decided that it would be an excellent time to do this. We were then contacted by their management and we organised this."

Just as Abbey had finished talking, Amy knocked on the office door.

"They're here. They're waiting in the meeting room."

I followed Abbey out of her office and down the hall. She opened the door to the meeting office and revelled two guys sitting around the long table. She walked up to the guy that was obviously the manager.

"Hi, I'm Abbey. Nice to meet you," she said as she shook his hand. I looked beside him to the guy sitting down. He had black hair with his ear pierced. He was wearing a black T-Shirt and black skinny jeans. I smiled slightly before taking a seat next to Abbey, which also happened to be the seat directly across from him.

"So you must be Trinity, I'm Adam. It's a pleasure to meet you," said the management. I muttered a 'nice to meet you too' without making eye contact. I suddenly realised how bad this idea was. "Today we're going to talk about you and Michael dating."

"We think this will be an excellent idea, with the band nearly going on an Australian tour, and your channel nearly reaching one million subscribers," Abbey began, looking between Michael and I. "You guys can stay here and get to know each other. Myself and Adam will be over in my office discussing this opportunity."

They both left the room, leaving  just Michael and I. Suddenly, this idea wasn't so amazing. 

Shit.