my ass is itchy

It's been months since Shang Qinghua woke up in the novel HE wrote. AND HE WASN'T EVEN THE PROTAGONIST! BUT A GODDAMN CANON FODDER WHO'S BOUND TO DIE BY HIS OWN CHARACTER'S HANDS!

(⸝⸝⸝-﹏-⸝⸝⸝)

Not having any idea on what to write next in his book, he laid on his back and stared at a patch of blue sky above him, out of nowhere, a blue box popped up next to him.

⸢A side-quest has been made! Would you like to accept?

Yes or no?⸥

Shang Qinghua stared at it for a while before calmly declining, "No. Not interested!" He turned over to lay on his stomach and stare at the wooden ceiling of his room again."I hate this place," Shang Qinghua grumbles as he closes his eyes. "It sucks. I want to go home!" But there's nothing but silence that surrounds him.

Normally, the system would just go away after he declines a quest but it seems it chose to be stubborn today.

⸢Rejecting this side quest will deduct 400 points from you

(◠‿・)—☆⸥

He felt his jaw drop and quickly shook his head vigorously, "NO!! What are you doing?! you can't just take my points away, that's all I have now! Are you trying to kill me?!"

"Fine! I accept." He said in defeat. It was worth a shot but what he got was more frustration. This thing always refuses his options and never even gives him any choice in the matter.

⸢Thank you for accepting the quest, host

⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝♡⸥

It said, adding that annoying thing at the end.

"So, what's the quest?" He couldn't care less what it was or who it was for and he was ready to get up so he could leave this hellhole behind.

⸢Side Quest: Liu Qingge and Shen Jiu get along operation!

Rewards - 1300 points, + 70 Affection points from Shen Jiu, Shen Jiu will be kinder to you, + secret ending.

Failure - 800 point deduction, dissatisfaction from both parties, 50% chance of dying earlier than in the story.⸥

Shang Qinghua felt his eyes bulge out of their sockets when he read what the quest was about. "What are you saying?? LIU QINGGE AND SHEN JIU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO GET ALONG IN THE NOVEL!"

"AND ISN'T THE FAILURE TOO MUCH FOR A SIDE QUEST?!" He shrieked. He continued to complain how unfair it was to him until his eyes landed on the rewards.

"Huh? Secret ending?" He muttered. "Okay then. What do I do?" He looked up again at the ceiling where the system box is at.

⸢Please get along with both parties first⸥

This was going to be harder than he thought. He groaned inwardly and started brainstorming ideas on how they could get along without killing each other first.

Maybe they could try something along the lines of making tea? Or eating lunch together? The latter sounded nice and also seemed like a good start if he were being honest.

'How will I find either of them? I'm sure they're occupied with tasks as head disciples'

⸢I got you, Host (˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧⸥