Thats my brother, idiots!

THATS MY BROTHER, IDIOTS!

Derek Hale. Of course it was Derek Hale. Carmen was just ten when the hale fire broke out, but she heard a lot about it from her older cousins. For a while after, nightmares haunted her, with vivid scenes of her childhood home engulfed in flames.

Examining the scene from behind a nearby tree, Carmen took in the orange police tape enveloping the hole where the body was found. Cop cars scattered the area, adding to the somber atmosphere.

Last night, Carmen had overheard her brother reporting to the police about discovering the other half of the body beside the Hale house. Driven by the need to see for herself, she found Derek, the same man who had stalked and assaulted her beging escorted out of the old house. Carmen could only shake her head.

With a sigh, Carmen watched as Stiles charged for the car containing Derek. Despite a brief protest from Scott, he climbed into the front seat.

Carmen almost laughed when Sheriff Stilinski, with a firm grip on his sons forearm, dragged Stiles out of the car, seemingly scolding him. And she could only imagine Stiles was coming up with some smart ass response.

Without a second thought, she crept behind them and into the car. Stiles looked over his dad's shoulder, his eyes wide.

Derek rolled his eyes and slouched further into his seat. Ignoring his attitude, Carmen fixed him with a cold stare. "Your threats are pretty useless now, aren't they, Derek?"

He crossed his arms. "I thought you were smarter than this, Carmen."

Carmen shot him a smug look. "Where you're going, my meddling will be the least of your problems."

Sighing, Derek held her gaze. "You're right. But like I said— not that you listened— It will catch up to you."

"Sure it will." She snickered, glancing behind her. Stiles and his dad are still arguing. "Tell me what you did to Sophia."

Dereks brows furrowed, and he opened his mouth to say respond. Before he could, she's dragged out of the car. Half expecting it to be an officer, Carmen raised her hands in surrender.

"Carmen Sofia McCall." She pushed her brother away when she heard his voice.

"You sound like mom." Carmen chuckled, brushing her fingers down her skirt as she followed him.

Scott folded his arms over his chest. "You already got yourself hurt, Carmen. Do you really think that was smart?"

Running her fingers through her hair, she replied. "I didn't get myself hurt, per se... Derek just chose to hurt me. Plus, Stiles did it too." She gestures to the boy with a buzzcut.