Chapter 1

"Come on Shadekit! Let's go outside already!" My brother Lionkit groans loudly.
  "You have said that about a thousand times already! Just let him stay inside, I want to play warriors now!" my other brother Robinkit meows impatiently. I slowly open one of my eyes and are shot with blinding brightness. I quickly blink my eyes a few times and reduce the glare. I look around the nursery, it has vines hanging from the bramble ceiling. The soft grass was layered with moss to form nests. The large sun was shining though the opening, lighting the nursery. I blink again and look to my brothers. "Ok, I am up! We can go play warriors now" I sigh, it seemed whenever we played this Robinkit was the one to be leader, and since we have an odd amount I usually just sit and watch.
"Well, come on then!" He hisses.We pad towards the other side of the overgrown nursery to see a white and black patched shecat with two black kittens playing beside her. The smaller one of the kits had light brown patch on his face with blue eyes and the other was pure black with warm yellow eyes. "Hello Lillyfrost" we meow.
"Well, I am guessing you lot want to play with Blackkit and Goldkit. Am I right?" she laughs.
"Alright then. Blackkit! Goldkit! Go play outside with your friends" she calls. The two kits stop wrestling and run over to us. "Yes mom" they answer in unison. We slowly make our way out of the den into the warm heat of the sun. We slow to a halt in the middle of the plant covered clearing.

  "Hey, are we playing warriors or not!" Lionkit groans. "Ok then, if you insist" meows Blackkit smirking.
"Attack!" He yells. He dashes forward and leaps onto Lionkit, who falls backwards. We run into action. I sprint forward to help my brother as he gets squashed beneath the older kit. Our two bodies soon collide knocking both of us over. He hisses and darts foward to retaliate. Only to be met by Robinkit running full speed at him. They fall to the ground, stunned by the sudden impact. Suddenly a paw hits my head causing me to stumble. I turn to see Goldkit smacking me in the face. I leap at him only to be knocked away by Blackkit. His body hovering over mine in triumph. For a split second he is there but Lionkit slams into him, sending him tumbling. The two of them start wrestling beneath each other. I rush after Goldkit who was heading for a tree. He spins just before he collides with it only to be met head on with me. My body mass causes him to hit the tree. He hisses in pain. All the kits run over. "Are you ok?" Asks Blackkit. He meows in reply "I'm alright". Suddenly a red object falls from the tree, landing beside him. "Whoa! What's that!" I exclaim. "We should take it to Hawkfeather to have him check it out" Lionkit meows. We all nod in agreement. We heave the red object over to the medicine cat den.

"It seems you kits found an apple" he laughs.
"What is an apple?" I ask. Staring at the round plant. "An apple is a fruit that falls off a tree. Only certain tree grown them. We even have one in our own camp", the brown tabby informs.
"Oh, so when Goldkit hit the tree he knocked it down?" I question.
"Yes, he did" he meows, rolling the apple to the back of his den.
"Cool!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note: Thanks to WinterSpirit24 for the picture of Shadefur!