As if you might break

LEVI ACKERMAN X GIRLFRIEND READER.
WORD COUNT: 2932.

__________ AFTER RETAKING WALL MARIA

You and Levi have already established romantic relationship status.
You were together even before you got out of the underground.

Yes, you also came from that hellhole. That means that you were with him when you guys found Isabelle , when you got caught by the survey corps, when Isabelle and Ferlan met their tragic end. Needless to say you have seen his best and worst and he couldn't be more grateful for you.

He loves you, he really does, with all that's left of his heart. You were kind, caring, smart, logical, you were sympathetic towards people but never let your feelings influence your decisions, you weren't that out going of a person falling towards the introvert spectrum, but you can still hold up a conversation with pretty much anyone , even hange.

what he loves most about you, is your ability to read people. He finds it the most amusing trait of yours. Because with you being able to tell what anyone; even him, is thinking or is about to do, saves him the trouble of actually having to tell you what's on his mind, since he's not the most expressive person.

But on the other hand, this trait of yours wasn't always welcomed, not in times like these.

You see, in the latest expedition that made humanity's fate shift for better or worse, the survey corps encountered so many losses at once, including their now ex-commander Erwin Smith. That along with fellow comrades that meant something to a lot of people . And of course the unreal truth of humanity existing outside of the walls, and being more advanced than the one we know.

All of these things happening at once made everyone feel a mix of emotions, and close to none of them were on the positive side. Everyone including a certain captain.

Because he was so close to Erwin, his death wasn't received very well even though he was the first to know of Erwin's suicidal plan.

He was grieving of course, but he was doing it like never before. It isn't like it's his first time experiencing the loss of comrades and friends after expeditions, so why did it feel like it? Why did it feel almost disappointing? Why was the result not satisfying as he desired it to be? Was it worth it? All this death and loss and grief, was it really worth it? If anything it just led to more confusion and panic.

And for the first time in a very long time, Levi Ackerman felt genuinely conflicted.

Hiding his emotions and being basically impossible to read became a second hand reflex to Levi, especially when he is experiencing unwelcomed feelings like this. So that's what he tried to do. Hide his confusion and heartache so people don't confront him about it.

And it worked ... For the most part.

No one could tell that he wasn't feeling well. Except for you. And he knew it.
It frustrated him so much that no matter what he did to conceal his sorrows, he can never hide them from you.