Chapter Thirty Five: Savior Complex

I didn't leave my bed for several days after the incident with Ominis. I had felt so unsure of where I stood with him or even Sebastian after I had left the Scriptorium.

Sure, I had fallen asleep rather easily after. My body had been exhausted after multiple orgasms and the process of dealing with Ominis. In the light of day, though, I saw everything that happened for what it was.

It was a depraved act of vengeance, something that made my skin crawl as I thought of how I'd harnessed Sebastian's darkness as my own. In the moments that passed in the Scriptorium, full of unforgiving heat, I didn't feel an ounce of pride in the voice that had demanded for Ominis' humiliation.

How could I parade myself around as someone better than Sebastian if I had so easily stooped to his level to make someone hurt?

It was the memory of how I trembled that reminded me that I should listen to Sebastian's advice. If I looked too hard at how Ominis' face had looked between my thighs, I wouldn't be able to think of how it had made me feel.

Of how powerful I'd been as Sebastian buried himself deeply inside of me, while Ominis had practically serviced me.

Was he my toy now just as much as we were Sebastian's? How could I continue on at the same school, let alone the same House as the man who had betrayed me.

What this was was some kind of sick, divine justice, all designed by the hands of Sebastian himself.

I would have to work that out later and I believed I would need Sebastian's help to wrap my head around it. He was such a perverse being now, someone who easily slid into the role of punisher and pleasurer without any effort in switching between the two.

How the hell did he do it so easily? How was there not an ounce of shame in his body?

I sighed as I turned my thoughts away from the Scriptorium.

A week of fiddling with the variations of Sharpe's notes and the test antidotes I had made finally paid off. It had taken a little extra research, a trip to the Restricted section, and a few pages out of a Curse Breaker's anthology, but I had finally made it work.

The only problem was finding a usable test subject.

We needed a live subject in order to gather the data and responses that we needed. Unfortunately the only ones that met that criteria were humans, most of them students.

Though we had ample amounts of the Verdure itself in our hands, I refused to conduct any sort of trials on any beasts, animals, or humans that hadn't been already subjected to it. It was absolutely out of the question.

I heard the annoyingly chipper laughter of Garreth Weasley, who sat far across from me in the Great Hall. He was chatting up another housemate, who seemed completely uninterested in him as she nibbled at her food.

I didn't blame her, poor girl. He had become quite the jerk after his dosage of Verdure, much like Poppy had. It wasn't the same soul searching effect that had been found in Ominis.

Perhaps the likeness would make Garreth a good candidate, I thought, as I stared at him from across the Hall. He was so busy in his flirtations with the girl that I was sure he would barely notice me spiking the contents of his pumpkin juice. After the incident at the Owlery, it would've felt like some kind of justice.

I thought better of the idea as I pushed around the food on my plate. It was just another way for me to fall into the same category as Sebastian if I did something so sinister. It wouldn't be right, no matter how much I disliked Garreth, at least in his current state.