Part 1

Aaliyah POV:

I ran as fast as I could, the rain falling hard, soaking my hair and clothes. I looked back to see the dark figure from my dreams chasing me. I turned into a subway station. I jumped down the stairs and ran into the nearest subway car. I turned around and the dark figure was gone. I breathed a sigh of relief and sank into the seat. I felt the train start to move, getting faster and faster, soothing my nerves. I looked around, the subway wasn't crowded, there were maybe only 6 other people in the car. I looked over at the woman at the end of the car. She had black leather jacket, leggings, and big gold hoop earrings, but that wasn't what caught my attention. The lady had big, spiky red hair that stuck straight up. She looked over at me and I froze.

"You okay, kid?" She asked.

"Of course shes not okay, Aze, look at her. She's a little 8 year old looking around like she has no idea where she is." Said a burly man across from me, his belly sagged as he leaned forward.

"I was just asking Dain." Aze responded.

"Whats your name?" Dain asked.

"Aaliyah. I whispered.

"Do you know where you're going, Aaliyah." He asked.

I shook my head no.

He pointed over to Aze, and I looked in the direction he was pointing. The dark tunnel seemed to be expanding, turning a midnight blue shade. Suddenly we were out of the tunnel, the car riding on high tracks overlooking a busy city. I looked up at the sky, it was purple and blue at the same time, and I saw huge colorful circles up in the sky, and little white dots, which I realized where starts and planets. Everything was so much clearer, not like the polluted sky's of New York City.

"Kid, welcome to Aztera." Said Aze.

"It's like, Earth 2.0. Newer, cleaner, and better." Dain added, "Pretty much everything's the same as Earth, just different names, people, and abilities."

I looked over at Aze who was playing with a floating, small flame.

"Wow." I said, still looking out the window, taking in the sights.