Part 5

"Quit your job as a waiter and work for me." He said slowly.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "No way in hell."

"Then you'll never be able to pay me back Nara." He said looking at me seriously.

"Yeah right. You must be crazy or something."

He stood up and stretched his arms, giving me a cold glare as he did.

"Fine, its a deal then." He said happily.

"What. I didn't even agree to this. Like seriously Cheol, do you hear yourself. What can I even do? What work?"

"Well you can serve me, be my slave. If I need to do something you can do it for me instead"

I stopped for a moment as I thought about his offer. My mouth opened slightly with no words coming out.

"Slave? I am sorry—what. Is that the best you could phrase it?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes. You want to change the deal? I mean you can always continue to work in that restaurant where your ex and his friends now know you work.." He asked confidently, staring at me expectantly.

"Well... No.. Wait. Yes, but....umm. Can we please talk about this some other time? Please?" I asked trying hard not to look upset.

"Sure. I'll be waiting for your response."

"Okay"

Next day:

"What! Has he gone crazy or something?" Seori said as she looked at me with wide eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders, pretending I didn't care, as I started going through my textbook.

"Nara?! What did you say?" She continued.

"I mean Seori, last night—my ex. He came to the restaurant and caused a scene with his friends. He did kinda save me from them. "

I explained avoiding eye contact with her.

"Oh my God! How many times has this happened now?! Don't tell me that bastard is stalking you?" She said panicking as she walked closer to me and grabbed my arm, causing me to flinch slightly.

"That's the thing, he acts so oblivious half the time, that I can't tell if him being at the restaurant yesterday was a coincidence or not" I said sighing and looking down.

"I don't get it, what does he want from you? Nara, you know that guy has anger management issues. You need to be careful. " She continued as she gave me a worried look.

She sat next to me and wrapped her arm around mine. "Nara, this might sound crazy but I think you should quit your job as a waiter. Its dangerous there, especially after you finish your shift in the night and walk back home." She said firmly.

"Hmm. Okay. Seori, I am gonna go home now. I am a bit tired." I said lying.

She nodded and hugged me gently, whispering in my ear. "I'll see you later. Also, if you need anything, call me."

I nodded feeling relieved that she seemed to understand my situation, before standing up with my bag and leaving.

I left the building as I pulled out my phone to text Cheol.

Messages:

You: Meet me at xxx cafe in 10 mins. I need to talk to you.

Annoying rat: Okayy, see you soon.

As soon as I stepped outside, I looked both ways down the street and headed to the cafe.

I scrolled on my phone for almost half an hour, anticipating for him to come. I lied my head on the table, tired of waiting and without realising I fell into sleep. After what seemed like a year, I felt a smack on the back of my head with a rolled up paper.