Sweet Threats

Sending off his guards, and the few priests that trailed just about everywhere, Deshret took in the scenery outside of the Bazaar. Much different than the desert. No howling winds, no ruins or tombs to be seen, nor danger in the city at all, it was peaceful...though the feeling of something off with the air was still in place.

The golden irises falling on a h/c person standing outside of the Bazaar, eyes closed but they were just standing there. "Hello." Deshret spoke, a soft tone, feeling something off with the stranger's presence for some odd reason. "Gah, fuck who-" You, the scholar who just seemed to snap out of the trance glanced over at where the voice came from, eyes widening as you quickly scramble to straighten yourself up.

"My king, welcome, welcome, please follow me, Kusanali is waiting for you." You say, sighing softly, turning around, keeping a bowed head, not too low so you couldn't see but low enough for respect to be established, Deshret following behind.

It wasn't long before you both were in front of the Sanctuary of Surasthana. "My king, a question if I may." You say lightly, though calm with your tone, it wouldn't be advisable to anger a god...not like you haven't done said before. To multiple. King Deshret nodded as to signal for you to continue.

"What was the Wyvern's relation to Celestia?" You state bluntly, raising your head, locking eye contact with the god. "...Not even I knew what they were to the Heavenly Principals." He lied, though it was easy to see through from your perspective. "My king, do tell. I am quite aware of the tales, you were the closest to them." You state bluntly, speaking with respect though talking as you would with most you were not acquainted with, blunt and cold almost.

"Deshret, it's alright to answer." A soft voice said as the sanctuary doors opened, revealing the small dendro archon. "Kusanali, I am not going to share that information on behalf of Y/N." Deshret said, cold eyes on the scholar. "By Celestia." You grumbled, though Nahida heard. "Amun, you and Y/N here, yes even I see the resemblance, need to get along. They are going to be of much use to us if we wish to erase this threat before it can continue." Nahida noted, the King gritting his teeth.

If they die during this it'll be a repeat of Y/N's death all over again...just work with this, they're dead and gone, it will be alright...

Deshret nodded, heading through the doors, leaving the scholar and archon to speak. "A new threat? But we just got past the whole balladeer shit. If the Fatui are behind this I swear to fucking-" "the abyss." That's what caught you off guard. The abyss? But why? "The Abyss are tainting with the Wyvern's ruins...the taint in the air as you've sensed, is the still greater power of the Wyvern, Y/N, being corrupted that is at work. Though I cannot access the Y/N of the past's memories, does not mean we can't find out how to stop this."

"How do I come into play here, though?" You asked, trying to see how a mere mortal who was a scholar that also performed for the children, would be of any help. "You resemble Y/N too much for I and Deshret not to suspect something, not to mention your talent to sense something in the air." It struck you as odd. If it was the traveler in your place, this would feel like an everyday something, but this was you, not a god, not an otherworldly person, not even a puppet, a normal mortal.

"What I am trying to say is that reincarnation isn't something I wouldn't put past the Wyvern, not when they wished to enact revenge for her people and for her secondary vessel being killed. A lot of grudges that have been left unattended...and I am to suspect the Heavenly Principals have also sensed your presence arising once again...if not treated carefully, Sumeru may fall into war with the superiors...and it would seem the abyss are trying to take advantage of that." Nahida said, sighing as you stood there stunned.

Me? A god...? Nonsense, if I was them then how would the abyss taint with those ruins of I'm practically here? And wasn't the chamber that held their power built deep within the world?! Foolish much...but it would explain those memories.

Soon, you left after promising Kusanali you would keep your mouth shut after hearing of this till time came. Now, the two gods conversed in private.

"Although I am against intruding the Sky's Chamber of Darkness, we must do what we can." Nahida said softly, creating the usual holographic like swing and sitting on it. "Kusanali...never once would I see you as an enemy my friend, but I must question why you thought it was a good idea to bring this so called reincarnation of Y/N into this situation...they're going to die aren't they?" Deshret noted, sudden, but the archon has slightly anticipated this. "Yes...history will be repeating itself, though for a permanent safety this time. Hopefully their spirit can be free this time." Nahida said, solemn her tone was.
.
.
Two weeks later
.
.
"I'm going to miss you, you little twerp." You said, hugging the little boy you had dubbed your nephew as he was heading to live in the desert with his mother; Nianako, since her problems had cleared up. "Remember to visit, or send letters at least." You told to Nianako, she gave a light smile and nodded. The two were heading home early before the festival ended. You were not aware why, all you knew was Ronin was finally going to see his birth place.

A couple of hours had passed after their leave, you returned to the Akademiya on behalf of Cyno deliberately barging into your home, basically rag dolling you over his shoulder, and bringing you to the Sanctuary of Sursthana on Kusanali's request. When you did arrive, Candace, Aether and Paimon, Dehya, Cyno, Nahida, and lo and behold; King Deshret.

"As everyone is present now." The soft and small voice that carried strong words wafted through the air; it was Nahida's. "To start off with, everyone has been aware of the tension in the air." Cyno noted as he took place beside the archon. "The puns are going to be the death of me..." Dehya grumbled. "The General Mahamatra is correct though, this air tension though is the tampering with the blood of a god." Deshret's words silenced the room entirely, well you only let out a scoff at already knowing this. "The technical monument that holds the Wyvern's 'body' remains has been opened and tampered with by those of the abyss. Which has caused the air and sudden storms." Words like those came from Nahida. "Al-Ahmar will be taking the six of you to the chambers and which the god of sky is 'buried'. The reason each of you have been chosen will remain anonymous till it's time for it to be known. This meeting was for this to become known, no one else must know. With that now said, questions can be asked or you are good to take part and rest. Three days till you must set off with King Deshret." Those were the last words spoken before it went blank.
.
.
.
.
.
"You just suffocated three men. On accident. How is that even fucking possible?" An annoyed king grumbled, patching up his friend's wounded arm, applying a small supplement onto the bruises on their wrists. "First of all, lowering the oxygen levels is a defense mechanism, secondly they wouldn't get their hands off me." You deadpanned, sighing and rolling your eyes. "I know you were protecting yourself, but I would have preferred to kill them myself." He stated. "No one is allowed to hurt you." He mumbled, seemingly scared of you hearing such but able words. He was supposed to be a strong leader, yet he crumbled when you got hurt or showed him affection. "Heard that, and thank you my dearest watchful eye. Fly high my little eagle." You said with a smirk, chuckling as he leaned against you, hiding his face and hearing him mumble something along the lines of 'kill me now'. Clearly embarrassed, you liked this though, witnessing a god that could feel while your own emotions were ripped from you the day you lost everything. So these moments in seeing something so cold be so happy or show different emotion for once gave you a sense of comfort in a way.
.
.
.
.
.
A/n: sorry I haven't posted for awhile, school and family issues r being hellsih as usual. Anyways, stay healthy, stay hydrated, STAY SAFE, and good morning/evening/night ladies and gents