Chapter 4

Alaida:

I know I had overreacted when maa told me to change and not behave like a kid because I will get married tomorrow but I felt hurt. Why does she wants me to change so suddenly because of the Nikah? I was already frustrated because of how Ahren maa treated me in the shopping mall. I mean she didn't behaved badly but she didn't even talk to me properly. About choosing dress she told me to choose anything. She talked to my maa nicely but with me she behaved different.

She just sometimes stared at me then looked away immediately whenever I looked back at her. Ugh this is so frustrating! Does she hate me? I'm not even dying to marry her son so why she will hate me? She should say something to her son instead. I was already frustrated with this then my maa said that thing about changing myself. It seems like his maa hate me because of this reason maybe that I still behave like a kid?

But I'm not the one who is wanting to marry! So why tell me to change? Why hate me? I'm a victim. I can't even tell anyone about Ahren bhaiya's threat. All these things are so frustrating thus I reacted that way but I cleared it out with maa after talking to my bhabis. I'm so grateful to have them in my life! Till now they have supported me a lot.

I decided not to be depressed anymore. I will enjoy my Nikah day to the fullest. I don't care who hates me or is going to judge me. I will not change myself for anyone. If people wants to stay with me then they will love me for who I am.

So yes next day in the morning I didn't skip my meals. I ate a lot actually. I also did some skincare for the event in the evening. Then I went to the parlor with Aaidah bhabi. MashaAllah I look so pretty! They did a great job with the makeup. After getting ready we left.

In the car Aaidah bhabi kept talking to me. I understood she did that to keep me busy and so that I would be happy. And she succeed! Cause I was indeed feeling happy and didn't even overthink about anything at that time.

Though my anxiety started kicking in after I got out from the car and was going inside. Azir was trying to come to me but today I can't spend time with him. I feel bad for not being able to spend time with that cutie.

"You can be with him later." Maa whispered. I nodded my head and looked ahead of me. There stood Ahren on the stage staring at me. I feel nervous under his gaze so I looked away from him.

As I was about to climb one of the stairs of the stage, I stumbled down. I got ready to hit the floor and embarrass myself. But that didn't happen. Cause Ahren held my hand with his one hand and with another he held my waist. I quickly pushed him away and composed myself. "Be careful sweetheart." His maa told me, her tone gentle. Am I dreaming? Did she really talked to me? That too gently? On the top of that she called me sweetheart!

"Alaida!" Maa's voice brought me back to reality. "Where are you lost?" I looked down feeling embarrassed and mumbled a sorry for the inconvenience. After all these I sat down on the sofa which is placed on the stage. In the middle a big sofa for the two of us then besides two small sofas for one person to sit.

The venue is decorated with roses everywhere. Even there are roses on one side of the big sofa which is placed in the middle for me and Ahren bhaiya. Okay now I feel weird to call him bhaiya when he will become my husband in a few minutes.

[This is how the venue looks like]