i. xavier <꒱

"me and xavier's last meeting was quite unexpected

"me and xavier's last meeting was quite unexpected .. i should focus on my work, i wouldn't want captain jenna to be disappointed.." thoughts went ahead of your mind as you lost focus in class, in your own bubble, you kept thinking about whether xavier was an ordinary deep space hunter, "he has already met captain jenna, and we've got to know each other quite normally as partners, but isn't it a bit strange? xavier is really an unexpected partner -"

"pay attention to class, [name]." i snapped out of reality and turned my gaze towards captain jenna, she was looking at me whilst i turned out to be zoning out of class, "ah- i apologize, just .. got a little bit distracted by something, captain jenna."

she rose up her eyebrows still looking at me while i scratched at the bottom of my neck, and then she spoke up. "i see, pay attention to class then. i wouldn't want any of you failing this class, especially while exams are coming up."

i sigh in relief and turned my attention to my notebook in my front desk, while paying attention to class, i listened carefully to the topics captain jenna explained and i quickly nodded and took notes of it importantly.

as class was about to finish, i heard captain jenna announce a sudden group activity for us, i stopped on my tracks and turned to look at her curiously about what was the group activity is about.

"as you may know, Wanderers have been appearing at certain locations, i suggest you all partner up and see what has been happening towards the past few days, it is our job as deep space hunters. to protect our city and our homeland." captain jenna announced swiftly. everyone around me started finding partners on who to deal with the wanderers by themselves as a duo. i could've asked Tara but she has already picked someone.

once again, i sighed in frustration and pack my stuff when suddenly i felt a hand on my shoulder, "wanna partner up again, [name]?" i immediately froze on my spot as i clearly blinked twice, was it xavier?

i didn't turn to meet his gaze but i remained on my spot silently.
xavier waited for me to speak ane say something, but the words in my mouth couldn't comprehand and say something out of embarrassment.

xavier kept his hand on my shoulder while i pack my stuff quietly without saying a word, "alright everybody, class is dismissed." the other students started making their way exiting the room, me and xavier remained in our spots and captain jenna immediately noticed this as she spokes.

"my my, i didn't know you both would be partners again?" xavier looked up towards captain jenna as he nodded calmly, "i asked (them) to be my partner, but i didn't get an response."

captain jenna looked towards me as i lowered my face swiftly as half of my hair was covering my face, "hm, you'll probably get an response soon. or am i sensing (they're) avoiding you?"

xavier raise his eyebrow as sighs for a bit, ".. i apologize if this is so much to ask but, can me and [name] have a moment?" xavier tightened his grip on my shoulder slowly as the latter nodded, she walked out of the room leaving you and xavier behind.

i sighed and grabbed my bag only to witness xavier was pinning me down to my front desk, "why are you not responding?"

i looked away trying to hide the blush from my face as i tried to regain my composure, he stared at me waiting for an response while starting to caress my cheeks lightly, "did i do something wrong?" xavier whispered in my ears, his breath against my neck as my own breath hitches, "please, say something .." he begged as i keep silence and my face starts to turn flustered by the sudden gap between us both.

"xavier, get- off.." i spoke as he looks over to me sighing softly, while he kept caressing my cheeks feeling his warm touch. "what if i don't want too?" he looked deeply in my eyes as he fainted a smile on his lips, "what if .. i want to stay like this?" my cheeks were now flustered by the sight as i tried to push him off, xavier didn't budge but chuckled gently, "pushing me won't work, why are you avoiding me ?.."

i immediately stopped as a sigh escape from my lips, turning my gaze towards him as we lock eyes for a moment. "our, last meeting.. what did you mean by 'always remind me of like you?' is it a poem or .."

xavier shuts my mouth with his index finger while smiling faintly, "that's, not what i meant .. the plushie we got together at the arcade, it.. reminded me of you. and the way it's own scent matches yours." xavier looked away hiding his flustered face behind as i felt intrigued by the sudden response, "huh? you mean .. the honey bee plushie?"

".. i mean, the honey bee looks like you." xavier added, i immediately remove his finger from my lips as i held onto it, i formed out a chuckle coming out from my lips as i tried to remain myself calm. "what's so funny?"

i looked over to xavier noticing he was already looking back at me as i fainted a smile. "i didn't think a plushie would remind you of me, it was kinda silly."

xavier chuckled, "it's because you reminded me of the plushie." he joked while getting off me while i stood in my spot intrigued, "say that again."

i stood up while looking at him swiftly as he smiled faintly, "you reminded me of the plushie." xavier repeated as i began grabbing my bag and chasing around him in the area, "it's been a while since I've felt happiness, you make me feel comfortable around you, xavier."

nanaiiees ☆ signing off 𖥻
𖦹 ׂ 𓈒 i hope you enjoy this,
- chapter !!
01 ★ 31st