chapter one: ten months.

🎬 : inaaya's pov.
________________

a burning sensation travelled through my body as his plump lips were only inches away from mine. butterflies invaded my stomach whilst his hand caressed my blushing cheek. a small smirk grew on his perfectly-structured face as he began softly whispering sweet words into my ear, "inaaya.. i love-"

"inaaya!!!" the booming, croaky voice of my fifty-year-old maths teacher deafened me as i jumped out of my seat, startled.

"for god's sake! welcome back to earth, now answer the equation on the board." my teacher let out an exasperated sigh - partially because he wasn't getting paid enough to deal with slacking students.

"534.67." i confidently answered, examining the drastic change of expression on my teacher's face.

"fair enough, take a seat."

________________

"did you not get any sleep last night or what??" my best friend, layla, laughed as she asked and i slightly nodded, still thinking about the unforgettable dream and about how i needed to get a grasp of actual reality.

it had been ten months.

ten months since i had developed a major crush on the infamous heartthrob of our school.

it all began after i unwillingly transferred schools due to my father's new job. at first, i was mortified to move schools - especially since it was in the middle of the year, but surprisingly, i got along with everyone; and i even met my lifeline, layla.

on my first week of transferring, i decided to take a little trip around the luxurious and prestigious school, which consisted of two buildings, without knowing how this would alter my life.

upon arriving at the grand school field, which stretched out for miles, i sat down at one of the many brown, oak benches, admiring the sun and how it shone down so radiantly, complimenting the luscious, green grass.

some distant, fast-paced footsteps caught my attention as a tall figure plopped down on a bench at the other side of the field. his chest heaved up and down as he ran his hands through his fluffy hair, exposing his forehead, which beautifully gleamed in the sunlight.

resting his elbows on his thighs, he clasped onto his half-empty water bottle in one of his hands, whilst intensely watching the football game commence in front of him. and despite examining from a distance, i was somewhat able to take note of the dazzling gleam in his alluring eyes.

without warning, my stomach began churning and my pace of my heart drastically increased, taking me by surprise. it was a strange feeling, one i had never felt before. i mean, me personally, i was never one who believed in the ideology of 'love at first site,' but maybe this is where that all changed.

heat crept up and flushed onto my already rose-tinted cheeks, which had now turned into a bright pink as i placed my fist on my chest, feeling the dramatic heartbeat. my hair flew on to my face messily as i couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

i was left in a daze.