Chapter 6: Easton Knight

I rub my forehead, preparing myself to meet an angry face. 

But I met with golden specs flowing through the green orbs as he criticized my soul. If looks could persuade...He was a lucky man. His hands lift up to my neck to squeeze it in a firm but soft hold as he pushed me against the door. No words exchanged between us as he surveyed my body. Was this him checking me out? Or checking me? His eyes slowly swallowed my entire being. 

"You look like Skye...But you're not Skye" In a situation like this, I would say no shit, sherlock. But I was still in a state between shock and confusion. And something else...

"You seem like Skye...But you're not Skye" again, no shit sherlock, I would've rebutted. His hands tighten on my neck as he comes closer to my ear in a motion to study my features, my eyes, my nose, my mouth. "Hmmm," come on Stella, move your ass from this stutter. He was just a good looking guy, you knew looks did not matter in the slightest, they didn't make you look twice. But why was this the moment where my mouth faltered to make out words and feet struggled to stand.

"Stella?" Skye shouts from across the hallway. Before anything else could happen, he pushes us into the room, with a hand on my mouth. Skye's idle footsteps sounded beyond the door until she decided to skip back to where she came from. His release of my mouth was short lived as he resumed his hold on my throat...on me. The Viper. Black Heart. A ordinary man was doing this to the one and only. 

"Who are you?" I finally ask. "Don't you copy me now" he coldly said. Well weren't you a playful thing. 

As I felt myself coming back, I replayed this entire scene. Was this random guy holding me by the throat, investigating my body while also playing hide and seek from the others, trying to figure out who I am which was clearly stupid as to how 4 people called my name for the past 15 minutes? Yes. Yes that was what was currently taking place. I mentally smack myself with chopsticks ready to code my braincells back into place. I was on my way to a mental asylum at this rate.

"I'm nobody" even Jack the ripper would have had a problem with my response, the lack of common sense was making me seem absolutely stupid, or more like actually stupid. I should've knocked this guy unconscious as soon as I sensed his presence, taking my leave, but here we were. "And I'm air" he said. Like I said, playful thing. 

"Let go". 

"Of what?"

"Me".

"But you're a nobody, no body, I'm not holding onto a body".

If I wasn't in this position, I would be laughing at his antics of mind fuckery, as it was quite similar to mine but I only flew my leg up to meet his crotch when he somehow anticipated it. "I'm not your average guy" he smirks saying. 

"Oh sorry, I thought that was where your brains were" I retort, twisting my body while pulling his arms down towards my stomach to flip him over. He crashes down to the floor with a string of curses, clutching his head. I'm not YOUR average girl. 

I run over to the emergency staircase in an effort to finally frick away from this momentary reunion, back to my life and purpose. 

"Stella".  Can't this family just get a clue? 

I turn around to face the guy from earlier standing 2 meters away. Damn, that did not take long for him to recover from. What funnily got me though was rather his admittance in knowing my name already despite his earlier interrogation. I look at him with a questioning look, to say that I wasn't eager to play his games. 

"You forgot this" my keys. Shit. I don't bother asking as I move forward to grab them from his hands but it only leads to another game of his as he picks up my body, carrying me like a sack of potatoes. "Let me go!"