The Start of a New Friendship

I hear music coming from outside. It's too early for this. I put my pillow over my head to help silence the loud sounds.

I get frustrated since they woke me up. It's not that I don't like to sing, it's just so early. I'd say it's too early to be so upbeat and hyper.

I finally decide to get up. I get dressed, brush my teeth, and get some toast before heading into town.

I see Poppy singing with a few of our friends in the middle of town. I head over to them, wanting to join the fun.

I get to where they're standing and enjoy the music while I finish my breakfast. I dance with them, and it's a lot of fun.

They finish their song. I enjoyed it. I greet Poppy with a hug. "Good morning!"

"Good morning!" Poppy responded enthusiastically as she hugged me back.

We're very close friends. We tell each other pretty much everything. We do everything together, too.

I looked to the others who were singing with her. "Good morning, everyone!" I smile at them. Every morning is a good morning when we sing and dance with each other.

They all respond and smile back. As I'm looking at them, I notice another troll walking away behind them.

"Good morning, Branch!" I holler to him, letting him know he wasn't as sneaky as he was trying to be.

He turned around and glanced at the group. He quickly turned back around and started walking faster, away from us.

I giggle at him being nervous. It was kind of cute. I don't know him too well since he tends to keep to himself.

I look back to Poppy. A mischievous grin appeared on her face. She gave me a smug little smirk.

I'm not sure what she was planning, but I'm a bit nervous to find out. I give her a curious look, hoping she will explain what's going on in her head.

She turns to the others. I do as well to find the same look on their faces. I look back and forth, confused. What am I missing?

"Poppy....what are you doing? What's going on?" I really want to get in on what everyone was planning.

"It's nothing...." She said with a big smile on her face. She's definitely hiding something, and im going to find out what.

I leave the group to follow Branch. I walk after him. "Branch!"

He stops and turns around, curious why I'm following him. I catch up to him. "Hey...." I say awkwardly. I'm not sure how to talk to him.

"Hey y/n." He says before he turns back around to continue walking. I continue to chase after him.

"So...." I interrupt the silence. "How are you?" I tried talking to him.

"Great." He says sarcastically with a flat tone. He dramatically rolls his eyes at me. I giggle at his sarcasm.

"Definitely seems like it." I return the sarcastic energy, trying to get him to smile. That's a hard thing to do.