Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning and blinked a couple times as I looked around the unfamiliar room. The walls were red orange and there were curtains hung from the ceiling on the wall to my right and the one in front of me. The door was to my left. I could see the sky in the split between the curtains across from me. The sun was just beginning to rise, so it must have been early in the morning.

I smelled the tang of coffee, and sat up.

That was a bad idea, I thought as I scrunched my eyes shut and my head pounded.

Once the pulsing subsided I pulled myself out of bed and made my way out the door and into the rest of the suite I was in. I checked out this room too. It was large and spacious with glass outer walls, but sparsely furnished. A couch stood near the wall to my left with a blanket strewn across it, and a desk was situated to the right of the couch almost flush against the far wall. There were open spaces everywhere though, and they were larger than average even for a place of this size.

I headed forward into the kitchen, and the guy I'd run into last night at the party turned his head in my direction.

"G'morning," he greeted smiling with closed eyes, "how are you this morning? Seemed like you were pretty out of it when I found you last night..."

"Last...night... Last night..." I thought out loud to myself as I tried to remember, "Fuck! My parents are going to kill me when I get home."

"Um, if it helps I texted a person named Lexa from your phone, asking her to cover for you... And that I'd bring you there this morning so she could take you home."

"Well, at least my parents won't kill me..." I breathed a sigh of relief before his words registered, "WAIT! You went through my phone!?! What the hell dude?!?"

"I kind of figured it would be better to let someone know where you were, than to just take you somewhere and leave no traces. I didn't... We didn't... y'know... do anything," he explained and turned away, trailing off, "I got you into bed, and I went and slept on the couch."

I looked at him in angry silence, waiting for him to look back at me. He was attractive for this time of day, with his messy dark hair and lean body, but I had noticed as he turned that he had two scars definitive on his back.

"We should get going," he said as he walked past me into his room, "but I gotta get outta my pajamas first, and you should probably clean yourself up a little... you look like a toddler did your makeup."

I entered the bathroom that he'd pointed out was beyond the dining table to the right of the kitchen, and proceeded to look in the mirror while washing off most of my makeup off. My eyes were a grayish shade of blue today, it was strange. They'd never been this color before.

I walked out of the bathroom, and he was already standing by the door waiting for me. He had sunglasses, an emerald green zip-up hoodie, light wash jeans, and a pair of black converse on. He must've had one hell of a hangover from last night if he was wearing sunglasses this early. I was jealous that he had them, I didn't have any and I was always light sensitive whenever I'd ended up hung over.

We arrived at Lexa's house after walking for about a half hour. She came running out the door as soon as she saw us in her front yard.

"I was beginning to wonder when you were bringing Tae back, Eras," she scowled at him before hugging me tightly.

Eras, huh? So that's his name... I thought curiously.

He apologized sheepishly for not bringing me sooner, and rushed to get away from here and Lexa's overly protective stare. His gaze, however, didn't leave me until he was heading in the direction of his apartment complex.