Tides of ghostly reflection

"Hey...Nya?"

Nya was laying down on her bed completely zoned out. It had only been a few days since she defeated Woejira. A mythical creature that roamed the sea before the previous master of water sacrificed herself to protect the people of Ninjago from said beast. Woejira was put to rest for a good many years. Only to be awakened once again. However this time it's vanquisher happened to be Nya herself. After becoming one with the tides, Nya decided it would be best if she stayed with her friends out of fear of being forgotten, or forgetting them. She didn't quite know.

"You okay?"

Cole, who had been waiting for Nya's acknowledgement, and with nothing better to do than stand by the door like an idiot. He decided to invite himself in. Nya said nothing at this and chose the quieter approach. She felt her bed dip as her adoptive brother sat uncomfortably next to her. "You know, I kinda get it." She tilted her head. How could he possibly get it? "No you don't Cole! How could you! I'm just." She took a shaky breath. "I'm just water! I'm not even an actual human anymore!" She burst out into tears. Cole kindly offered his comfort and embraced his little sister in a big Cole hug. Everyone loved those hugs and Nya was no different. "Yeah... I thought that too."

"You did?"

He hummed in response "... a while ago... when I.... Died." He frowned. Nya gasped.

Ghost

Cole was a ghost

Well he's not anymore but... he still felt empty about it, though he rarely brought it up. It had come to be a, what Wu likes to call 'touchy subject'

"I felt alone, distant, I felt like just because I looked different, I couldn't be a ninja anymore, and... I was scared that my family would reject me. I thought that I was too weird to be considered a brother, and it terrified me." Cole was now also on the verge of tears. "But, I wasn't, you guys didn't care about what I was, you cared about who I was." Nya nodded along. "You guys were with me, stood up for me, fought for me, comforted me, and when I needed your love the most, I got more than I thought I deserved." He smiled upon the memory. "In fact, nobody comforted me more than you did Nya."

"What?" Nya stared into Cole's perfect multi-colored eyes.

"Yeah, I actually remember sitting in this very room sulking in my own self pity when you showed up. Do you remember what you said?" Yes. It was a distant memory but Nya could still recall every bit of it. "I guess." "You said that our paths as ninjas are never a straight line, because that's what we are, ninjas. And A ninja. Never. Quits!" He yelled, leaping onto the bed. Nya only watched in awe. Cole smiled. "You never gave up on me Nya. So I won't let you give up on yourself." Nya smiled at this, sure Jay and Kai tried to cheer her up earlier with one of their pep talks, but what she really needed to hear were those 3 words. Cole bent down and wiped a stray tear from her eye. He whispered so faint that only she could hear, "And I won't give up on you" Nya smiled for the first time since the incident. Then without warning she jumped up and attacked her comrade in a hug. "Thank you, Cole," Cole embraced her rubbing circles on her back. And the best part is.

She was able to solidify enough for him to do so.