Untitled Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own 9-1-1 or anything associated with the show.

Set after season 6.

-.-.-.-.-.-

It was dinnertime at the firehouse, and whilst they were used to having family members drop by unannounced, sometimes it was the reasons behind their visits that came as a surprise. That was certainly the case today, as Eddie looked up from his spaghetti and meatballs to see Maddie entering the loft.

"Maddie!" Chimney greeted, embracing her and placing a kiss on her cheek. "What are you doing here? Did you miss me that much already?"

"Actually, I'm here to see my little brother." She smiled, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Oof! Tough luck," Buck laughed, clapping Chimney on the shoulder and sliding past to hug Maddie. "Brother trumps husband to be."

Maddie hugged Buck back before passing him an envelope, which he narrowed his eyes at, tilting his head in confusion.

"What this?"

"It's an invitation," Maddie answered.

"I er..." Buck started, his smile flickering, gaze flashing towards the others. "I don't understand."

"That new restaurant, Martinez – you can only get in with one of these."

"You snagged me an invitation to a fancy restaurant?" But he still sounded very much confused on the matter.

"Well, you see, Josh has this friend-"

"Friend..." Buck breathed out, and he seemed to be catching on now.

Eddie tried to hide the smile, but failed miserably, letting go of a small laugh at the next words to come out of Buck's mouth.

"You set me up on a date."

"It'll be good for you, trust me." She pouted, pulling out the big guns with her pleading eyes.

"Yeah, Buck," Eddie chuckled. "Trust her."

"Oh, I don't know why you're laughing," Maddie continued, and she moved forward until she reached the table, dropping another envelope in front of Eddie's plate. "You're going too."

He choked on the meatball he had been attempting to swallow and patted at his chest before regaining himself and looking at her with a furrowed brow. "I'm sorry, what?"

"It's a double date."

Eddie put his fork down and tried to push the envelope back across the table toward Maddie, but she was having none of it. "No... no, thank you."

She put her hand on the envelope, pinning it to the table, and whilst her smile may have looked sweet and innocent to most, Eddie couldn't help but feel like prey being sized up by an incredibly dangerous predator, shrinking under her gaze. "Tonight, at seven."

Hen snatched the envelope up, and Eddie rolled his eyes before slumping forward. He was outnumbered. Maddie and Hen made it two against two, and there was no way Chimney would go against Maddie.

"Eddie doesn't need your help getting a date," Buck tried to intervene, a slight whine to his voice.

"But you do?" Chimney teased, grinning at Buck.

"That's not what..." Buck took a breath. "We are both fine getting our own dates. We don't need setting up."

"Buck," Maddie said, rounding on her brother and placing her hands on his arms. "You're my brother, and I love you, but you are incredibly hopeless. I'm setting you both up, and that's the end of it."