Chapter 2

"Surprise!" Startled, I throw my phone at the two strangers popping out from behind my couch. Turning on the lights and grabbing the coat stand by the door, I tiptoe slowly around the couch.

"Bloody hell, Alec." Rolling around on the floor in pain is Beau, Phoebe falls back on the couch laughing hysterically. "I think my manhood is broken! Oh sweet Jesus!" Smiling apologetically, I retrieve an ice pack from the freezer.

Putting back the coat stand, and picking up my phone, I sigh when I see the damage to the screen. A long crack spreads from one corner of the screen to the other, the glass lifting up from the rest of the phone. "First , what are you guys doing here? Second, you're paying for my screen to get fixed because if you guys hadn't snuck into my apartment and scared the living shit out of me none of this would have happened."

Beau gives me the finger. "We wanted to surprise you for your birthday. So get ready, we're going out." Phoebe's British accent speaks delicately and I shake my head.

"Not tonight, I have a date." Smoothing my shirt flat to my chest, I grin stupidly at the floor.

"You..you have..a date? Couldn't you have come up with a better lie? Honestly, I almost died from the shock!" Beau chuckles, Phoebe wipes a nonexistent tear from her eye.

Grumbling, I sock Beau in the stomach. "That's a real confidence booster but I actually do, thanks very much." Walking to my room, I undress and redress in jeans and a button down. "A birthday dinner with Jamie."

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Walking into the small Italian resturant, my palms start to sweat. I have with me a bouquet of daffodils, her favorite flower. Seated in a far, secluded corner of the resturant I wait patiently. I have arrived 30 minutes early, eager to start the date. Sitting alone isn't usually a problem for me, but tonight I feel like I'm getting stared at more than normal. My anxiety gets worse with every minute that ticks past 6. She's 15 minutes late.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

A/N: I haven't posted on this story in about a year and I'm sorry if you wanted to know what would happen at the end. So I'm going to try a little harder to post at least once a week but with Xmas coming I doubt I'll be able to live up to my wishes. So here it is chapter two, it's not long bc I rushed to finish but there ya go.

Air hugs/apologies