Chapter 1- Egotistical

Remus Lupins point of view:

"Oh please Remus!" Lily begged me, holding two tickets in her hands.

I shook my head, "No. im not going to a pub gig. You know thats not what I do, besides I don't care for them." I said referring to band that was plastered on the tickets.

"Oh come on! I know they're not tour thing but they're not that bad. Besides, the bassists is so fit." She exclaimed but could tell I was not convinced. "They have a bar." She told me.

I got up off the sofa, "Well lets go then!" She had been pestering me all day to go to this gig with her as I was more well versed in concerts than her, basically she didn't want to get tamp led to death.

I pulled my coat on and we hopped in the car, this hour long drive had better be worth it.

Time skip brought to you by cider.
~;~;~;~

When we arrived the pub was already quite packed and the band was finishing setting up. I went straight to the bar with Lily and we both got a beer then made our way to the back of the crowd.

"Ugh, this is an awful view." Lily complained, standing in the tips of her toes to see over the ten thousand feet tall man that stood in front of her.

It was ride to push, I knew that. However, I wasn't wasting this hour drive and hour that i was going to be listening to this band if I couldn't see the band - so I grabbed Lily's hand and pulled us through the crowd.

I revived a fee glares from people but once I adjusted my posture they slumped back down into silence.

Soon the talking quieted down a bit as the over dressed singer approached the mic, "Hello Camden!" He shouted (you have a mic, why shout?). Everyone cheered, except me. "We're The Marauders and we're so exited to be playing for you tonight!"

The sound of drum sticks clashing together echoed of the stage and then the music started up.

Awful. It had only been thirty seconds and I knew it was awful. The overall music was good, they were all extremely talented, but the singers voice and lyrics were unoriginal. He was a carbon copy so to speak.

To add to this, he also dressed as if he were an egotistical rockstar. He was not a rockstar (egotistical though... yes). This band was not famous, they played at any pub they could and tickets were cheap. I had no idea why Lily was so obsessed with them.

I've never actually felt rage watching someone perform, but now I had. They way he interacted with the crowd just seemed rude, spitting on them, winking at them and just being overly sexual.

Once the song had finished he put his guitar down for a second and took his jacket off, leaving him shirtless. Everyone in the crowd cheered and Lily looked at me as if for my opinion on the bad, I just rolled my eyes.

A few songs in Lily tapped on my shoulder, "Just getting another drink!" She shouted over the loud baseline. I nodded and turned my head back to the band.

Throughout the song, the sandy blonde drummer played quite elegantly especially for rock, and the bassist seemed very into what he was playing. Much to my dismay the lead singer was practically thrusting his hips into his guitar. Someone should pay for that guitars counselling.

A few more songs had passed and Lily wasn't back, I turned my head and looked over the crowd but she was no where to be seen. Since I didn't care for this all that much, I worked my way through the crowd and back to the bar. Looking around I saw no trace of her.

I began to panic, so many thoughts hit me at once : this bar was underground, half the people look dodgy, what happened to her drink? My head was spinning and I was panicking so much I hadn't notice the band stop playing and people leaving.

Looking around frantically I spotted a bouncer and rushed over, "Sorry, I've lost my friend. Ginger girl, about this tall." I held my hand up facing the floor. "Have you seen her?"

The bouncer shook his head, "No sorry mate. Shes probably just hitchhiked a ride home or something. I'll ask the band to make an announcement for ya though." He shrugged.

Understandingly, I nodded, "Thank you." And I followed him to one of those rooms in the back where the bands chill.

The bouncer knocked at the door harshly and the (defiantly not sober) fave of the lead singer dame to the door, "Heyyy! Come to join the party?" He chuckled.

He shook his head, "Can we come in?"

The lead singer cocked his head to see behind the bouncer and spotted me. He smirked and raised his eyebrows, "anything for you handsome fellows." He opened the door wider allowing his both to come in.

Once in the room the bouncer said, "He's lost his mate, any chance you could make an announcement just to check."

The bassist who was sat on the tatty leather sofa nodded, "Mhm. Ill go do it now." He got up and strolled past me.

"Right," the bouncer placed a hand on my shoulder, "You can wait at the bad." And turned me around.

The singer took a step further, "He can stay." his smile was smug and dirty.

Although I didn't want to be in his company that sofa looked far more comfortable than the bar stools so I replied, "Sure."

He perked up a bit, "Great! Come and sit down then." He shooed the bouncer away.

Awkwardly and with tense shoulder I made my way to the sofa where I sat down. I was not resting at all, my back was dead straight. He sat down a little to close next to me and smiled up at me.

"So... did you enjoy the show?" He asked, trailing a finger up from my knee.

I shook my head and batted his knees off, "No."

"No? You didn't like the show? Why would you-" he began and sounded extremely offended.

The bassist and drummer waltzed back into the room, "Announcements been made." The bassist told me. "No ones seen anything."

The drummer looked at the singer, "We're gonna go back home now. Don't worry your guitars in the van." He said and then looked between him and me, "And give the man some space please." He sighed. "Not everyone wants to fuck you."

He rose in defense and walked over to the drummer, "Not true." He pointed a finger. "Just utterly wrong." He laughed. "Anyway, bye bye." He waved them off as they left.

It took me a few minutes but then I realised, "Shit, she's got the car keys." I exclaimed, not bothering to be polite to the man I was in the room with.

"Well I suppose you'll have to come back to mine then?" He smirked.

I sighed. His over confident behaviour may work with other but defiantly not on me. However I was out of a place to stay tonight and I defiantly wasn't walking home. "That would be grate." I said through clenched teeth.

1249 words
I almost went to write 'Luke' so many times. All the dinluke fics I write are getting to my head.