:proluge:

ELLIE O'NEIL WAS IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS for as long as she could remember and she loved it

ELLIE O'NEIL WAS IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS for as long as she could remember and she loved it. It gave her an escape, a second where the world went quiet and it was just her and her client. She loved the feeling of the drugs, flowing down her lungs. Intoxicating her mindset until the room was blank and it was only her and her thoughts.

Ellie sat alone in her bedroom, looking up in the ceiling, breathing slowly. On her nightstand next to her sat residue of a white powder, which she had taken moments prior. Just as she felt her thoughts slow and her mind close off her door busted open making her take a deep breath in and sit up quickly.

Her head snapped to the young boy in the doorway, a soft groan leaving her lips as she stood. "What" she said as she walked to her bathroom, "Fezco said you have to take his shift, he's busy." And with that Ashtray left his oldest sisters room, shutting her door. "At least he shut the door" Ellie mumbled as she splashed water on her face, looking up at her reflection.

The water droplets slid down her face falling onto the sink before she turned and dried her face with her towel. She ignored the dizziness surfacing in her mind as she walked back into her room, blowing the residue of the powder away. As soon as she turned to get dressed her phone rang making her spin around and grab it quickly. "Hello?" She said into the phone waiting for a response, not bothering to look at the contact.

"Hey el, wanted to let you know I'm back. My mom's got me on lockdown for a few days but I'll be up by the store when I can leave." Rues voice ring into Ellie's ear making her smile to herself. "That's great, not your mom keeping you on lockdown, but that you're out of rehab. This summer wasn't the same without you." Ellie responded as she sat on the edge of her bed, she heard faint voices in the background of the call before rue spoke up again.

"I'll see you soon, gotta go."

"Okay, love you rue rue"

"Love you more, el."

The line cut and she sat her phone down, pushing herself up to her feet and walking to her closet. She opened the doors and grabbed her low waisted jeans, and a red crop top. She quickly changed her clothes before grabbing her phone and leaving her room.

She walked down the hallway and into the kitchen seeing her two brothers counting money. "Hey, I'm gonna get going, you coming Ash?" Ellie said as she opened the fridge grabbing her Gatorade from the night before and finishing it. "Yea yea, let's go." He said as she threw away the now empty bottle, moving to grab her keys. "Bye Fez" she said kissing his temple. The siblings left the house walking to Ellie's car. "Can I drive?"

A laugh left the girls throat as she shook her head. "In your dreams little brother." She said making the boy groan as they got inside the car, pulling away from the house and on there way to the store.