CHAPTER 17: A Deep Breath.

As soon as the door closed, MJ's stern face dropped and she turned to look at Peter. He fidgeted with the sheets until he felt the weight of MJ on the bed and a hand resting on top of his.

"Peter, look at me." Peter obliged and panicked at what he saw. MJ had tears in her eyes. Peter sat up all the way and pulled a hand to cup his crush's face. "Hey, what's wrong?" Peter's eyebrows were furrowed as he searched for what could possibly make MJ cry.

"You got hurt. You almost died. I thought you were dead, Parker." Peter's shoulders sagged and he pulled MJ into a hug, reclining into the pillows once more, now with one of his best friends in his arms.

"I'm okay, MJ. I promise. " MJ looked up at him "you are so lucky you're cute." Peter was confused for a split second before MJ's lips brushed against his own.

In that moment, Peter melted, froze, and melted again. This was happening. This was real. His crush was kissing him. And he was kissing back! Maybe his Parker luck was turning around for once.

Their lips moved together and all of their unsaid words were communicated in a single gesture. MJ finally broke the kiss when neither of them could breathe anymore. Both of their faces were flushed.

Peter tilted his head forward to rest his forehead on MJ's. They sat like that for a second, processing what just happened.

"Hey Parker, guess what?" MJ said, a smirk in her voice. "What, Jones?" Peter said, smiling as he came off the high. MJ spoke confidently. "I kissed you first."

Peter laughed and leaned up to kiss the girl of his dreams again. When they broke, it left MJ breathless. Peter smirked up at her. "Hey Jones, guess what?" Luckily, MJ humored him. "What, Parker?" Peter smiled. "I kissed you better."

MJ hummed. "Well maybe I can redeem myself on an official date instead of the little waltz we were doing before." Peter grinned. "Let's see if you can keep up, babe."

Then Tony knocked on the door. " I'm coming in in 5 seconds! You two better be clothed!" Tony started a countdown, but MJ rolled her eyes, stood up, and yanked the door open, sending Tony stumbling in with a hand over his eyes.

"Jesus, Tony. We were just having a conversation." MJ Scolded. Tony uncovered his eyes and he brushed himself off. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. All I'm saying is that you two clearly have it bad for each other, so you should stop doing that little dance you two keep doing and just go out already."

"MJ and I have taken care of that, Dad. That's why we were talking." Peter muttered, words muffled by the hands he had over his face. MJ laughed. "Bye Peter. Text me later and we'll talk some more." She shut the door and went to get the next people in line to see Peter.

Peter smiled as she left, a look of love in his eyes. "So." Tony drawled. "I'm guessing that went well?"

Peter blushed and looked anywhere but at Tony. "Yeah. Good. Great, even. Amazing." He said.

"Thank God. I was wondering when you guys would finally admit your feelings." Clint was the one to say this as he walked in through the door. "Oh shut the hell up, Barton. You confessed your feelings to Laura 6 months into what she thought was already a relationship. She thought you were gonna propose." Nat teased, following close behind.

As Natasha and Clint argued, Tony and Peter sat back and watched. The looks of glee and short bursts of laughter were evident on their faces.

Soon, though, Natasha asked her most burning question. "Peter, how did you lie to me? I've never met anyone I thought I could read so well and been wrong."

Peter's expression dropped. "I just...I didn't want you to worry about me." Clint frowned. "Kid, we worry about you anyway. I know you've heard this a lot, but you're family. Hell, you've babysat my kids!" Natasha nodded, smirking. "And now I can call you my ребенок-паук instead of wondering who the kid in spandex was."

Peter deadpanned. "Nat, you also used to wear spandex. I don't want to hear it from you."

Nat scoffed jokingly and smacked Peter on the head. "You shut your mouth, Parker, or I'm telling Cap about this bullying." Peter's face darkened a bit at the last word. It did not go unnoticed by the three adults. Peter took a deep breath.