Sadness

~Keiji POV~

After a good long ride, we finally got to Nameless City, where Lala, Eri, and Smoky were, and when we arrived, Lala was standing outside, waiting for me.

She was smiling at my return, but when I jumped off the jeep, I went down, clutching on my knee as she got concerned and ran over.

Lala: Keiji! Are you alright?

Keiji: A little banged up, but don't worry.

Takeshi: It's his knee. He's been hurt during the fight. We're about to get him some help.

Keiji: Then let's get me that help, shall we?

Lala and Takeshi helped me over by having my arms around their shoulders and we got to the doctor who was willing to check me out, but while I was being looked at, Lala and I decided to talk.

Keiji: How's Eri? Is she doing okay?

Lala: The coughing hasn't stopped. It's possible she might've contracted the same disease as Smoky.

Keiji: Then we might have to keep an eye on her. How is Smoky, by the way?

Lala: His condition is getting worse. He can't really talk, he has to whisper.

Keiji: Dammit.

Once we got to the doctor to look at my knee, I had to sit up so I could talk to Lala some more.

Keiji: I plan on getting you and Eri outta here sooner than later.

Lala: Why would you? This is our home.

Keiji: I know, but with how bad the environment is, I gotta keep you two safe. Lala, promise me that you will move out of here and live with me sooner than later.

Lala: I will. I'll let Eri know about you.

Keiji: Go on, go get her.

She left to go get Eri as I was being fixed up.

Doctor: From the look of things, there are no torn ligaments or tendons. It seems to be a bit of bruising.

Keiji: Alright then.

Doctor: Let me bandage you up, and you'll be good to go.

Keiji: Thanks doc.

Doctor: Yeah.

As I got up, being careful with my knee, I walked over to see Eri being so happy to see me.

Eri: Keiji!

Keiji: Hey! How you doin', sweetheart?

She ran up and hugged me as I really felt happy to see her too, but Eri probably already knew about the fact that I'm hurt.

Eri: Are you okay?

Keiji: I'm fine. Just a little pain in my knee.

Lala: Let's head back.

Keiji: Yeah, of course.

I was given a cane to help me out with walking, but I managed to walk without it. However, I'm keeping it until I don't have to use it anymore.

When I finally got to the Rude Boys' base, I was being helped over to the bed I usually sleep on as I really wanted to lay down after fighting so much.

Lala: Can't believe you're still going after all the fighting.

Keiji: Yeah. It's really exhausting. I think I'm gonna retire sometime in the future, just so I can focus on my mental and physical being, you know? From what I know, this knee is gonna be hell.