Chapter One: The Wrong Number

21 FEBRAURY 2014

Emma and her friend Ava were sitting on a footpath as the sun set. A warm breeze carried the fragrance of blooming jasmine. Emma leaned back against a tree and closed her eyes, breathing in the sweet perfume. The laughter of children mingled with the distant sounds of the town. She felt grateful to be alive and to share this moment with her friend. They had been through a lot together, and she knew that she could always count on Ava.

Ava: "Hey, remember the boy I used to tell you about? The one from my previous society who used to message me, but then I stopped talking to him and blocked him?"

 Emma: "Oh, yes, I remember him. Nathan?"

 Ava: "Yes, that's him. Let's call him with your phone. We won't give him any of our true information, which will be fun because we know everything about him, but he doesn't know anything about us. What do you say?" 

Emma: "Yes, let's do it."

They dailed his number and he answered

Nathan: "hello?"

Emma: " Is this Nathan?"

Nathan: " Yes? But who are you?"

Emma: "Oh Hi I'm Mia actually there's a friend of mine who likes your friend James and she wants to you know talk to him"

 Nathan: " How so? how do you know him? I mean I have so many friends  are you one of them? or are you someone from my school?

 Emma: "No no no it's not like this you don't kow me but I kown everything about you"

 Nathan: "WTF Are you kidding me like how?"

 Emma: "it's just it" Nathan: " I hope it's not a prank call"

 Emma:" no it's not don't you believe me?" 

Nathan: " No I just thought "

 Emma: " I know about your ex Amelia and your friends Liam,Jake,Mitchell etc now you know I'm not kidding?"

 Nathan: "Bro you are really something, but where do you live?"

Emma: "I live in Chelsea" 

Nathan: "We live in short distance I live in Soho"

 Emma: " I know "

Emma and Nathan conversed for a long time, their conversation taking an unexpected turn. Emma believed it to be their first and last conversation, but she did not know what the future held. Little did she know that their paths would cross again, and that they would have a second chance to get to know each other.

After Emma and Nathan ended their call, Emma blocked his number.

 Later, when Emma was scrolling through her phone, she saw a friend request from Nathan. She slapped her head in frustration, realizing that her account was linked to her phone number and Nathan would now know her real name.

she thought to herself "Now he'll probably know my real name."

she let it go 

Timeskip

The next day, Emma told Ava about Nathan's friend request. Ava told her not to accept it, and they decided not to call him again. However, Emma told Ava to call him one last time. Nathan answered the call

 Nathan: " how are you?I sent you request why didn't you accepted it ?"

Emma:"The thing is uhmmm actually...my phone is getting repaired and my SIM  is in my mother's phone that's why I didn't see it."

Nathan: " Oh I understand why don't you accept it now."

 Now Emma's and Ava's card got reversed on them. Emma was supposed to be the one who wasn't interested in Nathan.

Emma: "Oh yes I'll do it, Bye"

She cut the call and accepted his request  

ON THE CHAT

Nathan: "Hi"

Emma: "Hi"

Nathan: "Your name was Mia wasn't it?"

Emma: " No I was just fooling around"

Nathan: " So what's your real name?"

Emma: "Emma"

Nathan: "Emma nice name "

Emma: "IK"

Nathan: " send me a photo of yours"

Emma: " No you send me  yours first"

Nathan: "ok"

ON THE OTHER SIDE

Ava: "This boy that's why I don't like him he is always like this Playboy he likes every girl and who the fuck talks to a stranger so much."

 Emma: " it's okay he is like this why are you being  so angry"

  A notification pop down on Emma's phone screen 

Emma: " look he send me a photo of him ."

Ava: " let me look you....... HOW CAN SOMEONE LOOK SO FUCKING BAD !!"

Emma: "  No *smiles lightly* he looks so cute his Indeed handsome."

 Ava: " NO he is short"

Emma: "NO he is not"

Ava: " Oh so now you'll fight wiith me for a boy"

Then another message popped on the screen 

 Nathan : "send me a photo of yours now" 

Emma was in a bind. She couldn't send her real photo to Nathan, and she didn't want to lie to him. So she and her best friend, came up with a plan. They searched online for a picture of another girl taking a mirror selfie and sent it to Nathan.

He said "why are you like this I sent you my  photo with face and now you are again annoying me not sending your  photo now please don't be like this you  have already lied to me about your name"

Emma:  "no no no it's me"

Nathan: " why are you not showing your face I want to see your  face"

Emma:" you have to wait to see my face"

Nathan:"ok alright I hope the wait will be over soon