Chapter 6

Later that day, Shauna saw the baseball Penelope caught on a pedestal with a sign reading Hands off, Shauna!

"Time to make the biggest steal in baseball history" said Shauna.

But when she tried to enter the living room, a bunch of arrows shot down from the ceiling.

Shauna managed to get away, even though she did get an arrow suction-cupped to her temple.

"Ha! Like suction cup arrows are scary" she mocked.

But then, an axe swung at her neck! 

Luckily, Shauna dodged fast enough to avoid it. 

"A'ight, maybe that was scary" she whimpered.

Then she was able to grab the ball. 

But when she tried to go upstairs, a giant boulder rolled down.

Shauna had to run back down. 

She tripped on the last step and dropped the ball. 

Penelope was waiting for her and she took the ball back. "Well, well, well. What a surprise."

"What? That I tried to steal a baseball you didn't catch?" said Shauna. 

"I did catch it. And the surprise was that my boulder fit on the stairs" said Penelope.

"Well played, sis" Shauna mumbled. 

Penelope softened. "Shauna... why do you want this ball so bad?"

Shauna sighed. "It's kinda personal, Penny."

"Well, I'm your stepsister. You can tell me."

Shauna took a deep breath. "Alright. Ya see... when Momma got divorced and my brother went to live with my old father... I didn't have much to hold onto. The apaches was always my favorite team, so rooting for them made me feel like my old self. I guess I just wanted a piece of the team that means so much to me."

Penelope smiled. "That's really sweet, sis."