v

I think my eyes just rested closed for five straight hours when a noise woke me up. It was still midnight when I checked the time.

Kumunot ang noo ko nang muling makarinig ng ingay sa labas. And then I remembered my siblings. Agad akong napabalikwas sa kama at parang kidlat na lumabas ng kwarto para tuntunin ang pinanggagalingan ng ingay.

Nagulat at natigilan ako nang makita sina Fujin, dala-dala ang kanilang mga gamit. Naalerto ako nang mapansing may ibang tao pa sa lugar niya.

"Fujin..." I called him, and they instantly turned to me. Tristram is awake too. He's sitting beside Vixen, who looks still sleepy. Both of them look sleepy.

"Sol, did we wake you up?" Fujin neared me.

I gently shook my head, lying and shifted my eyes from Vixen to Fujin. "What's happening? Bakit dala niyo ang gamit niyo at sino ang mga taong ito?"

He glanced over at the men I'm talking about. "They're working for Auntie Lucile. She just got my message, and she suddenly sent this bunch of men to send us off to her mansion."

Dahan-dahan akong napatango at minata ang iyon bago muli kay Fujin. "Can't you go tomorrow morning? It's already midnight, and..."

One of the men suddenly interjected politely. "Madame wants them in the mansion right now, Miss."

He stepped back after that. I eyed Fujin, and he just shrugged.

"We'll just pay you a visit here."

My face contorted at what he said. "I do not have a plan on staying here, Fujin. Iyong bilin ko, update me on your and Vixen's whereabouts. And always have your security with you."

He sighed and nodded lazily. I sighed and tapped his shoulder before striding towards Vixen.

"Why are you up this early po, Isolde? Kuya Tristram told me you're resting. You should be resting." she welcomed me with her sleepy voice.

I gave Tris a glance and found him watching us. When he saw me, he didn't even bother to look away. Hindi ko siya pinansin.

"I just want to check on both of you. You'll have your temporary security, and you have to allow them to be around you, especially when going out. That would be fine, right?" I asked her softly and played with her hair.

She yawned and nodded her head. "That would be fine, po, Isolde. We'll visit you soon."

"Alright." I smiled and pat her head.

I watched them departed, sunod-sunod na nagsialisan ang ilang magkakasunod na van kung saan naroroon sakay ang sapat na bilang ng kanilang security.

Auntie Lucile seems to have a plenty of bodyguards, though.

Nang masigurong nawala na ang mga ito ay saka palang ako bumalik sa loob. Natagpuan ko si Tris sa kaniyang dating pwesto.

Nagkatinginan kami and I coldly pointed Fujin's bedroom "You can use Fujin's room now. Don't have to suffer yourself in there."

"I'm having a wonderful sleep here, Isolde. What are you talking about?"

My tongue clicked as I rolled my eyes. "Bahala ka sa buhay mo."

Narinig ko pa siyang tumawa bago ako tuluyang makabalik sa aking kwarto. I heard from outside the sound of the other door opening and shutting close, so I bet the beast still gets the room.

I sent Fujin my paalala's before I finally prepared myself for the rest I deserved. The beast was right. It's been a long day, and I deserved a rest—a long rest.

It was a peaceful night, yet I don't know why I always have to woke up in bad timing.

I throw up all my intestines in the bathroom early in the morning. Hindi pa nga ako nakakaalis sa kama, masama na agad ang tiyan ko. That's why I almost bumped my head just to reach the sink.

Sobrang sakit sa tiyan at lalamunan na sumuka ng wala. Sinapo ko ang sikmura ko at mariing napapikit. I'm almost tearing up.

Ano bang huli ko kinain?

As far as I can remember, I did not eat anything else aside from our dinner last night. I exhaled my exhaustion and watched my reflection on the mirror.